Parcel from France

Leone

Have get the parcel from France.... The way was more than 100 years.

Have no ideas what is inside................But some news in french...... I don't understand french at all. What is written there?

Maps................

Wow! The finally main item..... IR88 plate. What is it? Trophy?

Pretty cool! I had some 1916 German newspapers in a helmet, they made for interesting reading as well as (Perhaps) a date close to the time the helmet was last used. It looks as if your paper might have been the original 'wrapping' of this souvenir! Enjoy your reading. :)

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
Pretty cool! I had some 1916 German newspapers in a helmet, they made for interesting reading as well as (Perhaps) a date close to the time the helmet was last used. It looks as if your paper might have been the original 'wrapping' of this souvenir! Enjoy your reading. :)

Indeed, I think the seller was mentioning that the eagle had been found wrapped in this newspaper.
A very nice combination.

911car said:
poniatowski said:

Indeed, I think the seller was mentioning that the eagle had been found wrapped in this newspaper.
A very nice combination.

Yes. You are right, it was on ebay.fr a few weeks ago.

Good God!! :eek: Well that convinces me. I have been thinking for a long time about putting a wappen section on the forum. Perhaps this will convince "closet wappen collectors " like Leone (I have a few as well) to post pics of their treasures here. At least they will get out of their cardboard box for a bit. :)
Sweet wappen by the way!

b.loree said:
Good God!! :eek: Well that convinces me. I have been thinking for a long time about putting a wappen section on the forum. Perhaps this will convince "closet wappen collectors " like Leone (I have a few as well) to post pics of their treasures here. At least they will get out of their cardboard box for a bit. :)
Sweet wappen by the way!

Yikes! :bravo:

On a related topic, Tony once showed us some stuff about Prussian Wappan and he called his collection display the "butterfly case". That just stuck with me.

Yes he had a lot of Prussian "chickens" framed and hung on a door when I first visited him. They could be seen as a collection of "butterflies" pinned and framed.

Back