Part of My Wappen Collection

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I'll start with a pic of part of my wappen collection:

IMG_4180-L.jpg

I can't help thinking that everyone of these represents a haube, tschako etc that did not survive the test of time.

IMG_4182-L.jpg

Tschako wappen, you can tell by the shape...a tschapka wappen is more curved to fit the round tschapka helmet shell.

IMG_4185-L.jpg

Top Bavarian OR's wappen M95, below Bavarian M95 Reservist (White metal cross).

IMG_4187-L.jpg

Top, Tschapka M95, Bottom JzP OR's wappen.

IMG_4189-L.jpg

Prussian Garde Wappen, Top OR's M95 Bottom Officer

IMG_4193-L.jpg

Top Hessen JR 117 Bottom PioneerBattalion 16

IMG_4194-L.jpg

Reverse side....loops on the JR 117 which is more modern, PB, screw posts which indicates an older, pre 1895 helmet plate

IMG_4195-L.jpg

Top: Oldenburg Officer JR 91 Bottom: Wurttemberg Landwehr Officer

IMG_4197-L.jpg

Top: Saxe M95 Infantry, Middle: Prussian Ulan #13 OR, Bottom:prussian OR Garde Star

IMG_4199-L.jpg

Prussian officer 7th Grenadier Regt.

Yes..... :D well those Camo Crocs, were a gift from you James, so I guess I sold out to your insidious Crocs Organization! :lol: However, as a good Canuck capitalist entrepreneur, I claim publically any, financial recompense from my Crocs being displayed on the internet.......I formally claim my feet and my Crocs being used in any future Crocs Adds. :D I obviously realize the value to Crocs of the Pickelhaube.com stamp of approval and my Canuck feet, so I demand my pound of flesh,,,,,,,preferably not in meat because I want US$ :lol: . My lawyers will be contacting you James!!

b.loree said:
Yes..... :D well those Camo Crocs, were a gift from you James, so I guess I sold out to your insidious Crocs Organization! :lol: However, as a good Canuck capitalist entrepreneur, I claim publically any, financial recompense from my Crocs being displayed on the internet.......I formally claim my feet and my Crocs being used in any future Crocs Adds. :D I obviously realize the value to Crocs of the Pickelhaube.com stamp of approval and my Canuck feet, so I demand my pound of flesh,,,,,,,preferably not in meat because I want US$ :lol: . My lawyers will be contacting you James!!

I have them too somewhere. Maybe you can sell them at the next show?

Joe, you told me you sold your Govt issue underwear years ago to someone in Frisco so, I'm thinking your Crocs are saleable too! :D I mean you now are a world renowned Haube expert and author so some $bucks could be made.

4 of those look like plates that I have owned before and
sold them to a fellow collector . I think the P B 10
is extra rare .

Steve McFarland

b.loree said:
I can't help thinking that everyone of these represents a haube, tschako etc that did not survive the test of time.

Oh yes, Brian.
Another fact: in the 60´s and 70´s, those helmets were so cheap and almost not collected. It was very common for collectors to only collect the different emblems and simply take them apart from the helmet :(
That happened even on flee markets or militaria shows. Emblems were already taken apart from helmets at the table!!! Better for transport...

Philippe
:)

aicusv said:
HenryTauct said:
Very nice collection indeed Let’s see you in some of them. I love the red and cobalt blue leather.

Red and blue leather??????

His posts do not fit with the topics, I suspect he is a spammer.

I've noticed that on a couple of the threads there have been some post that don't appear to belong. They read as if they are answering something completely different. That they don't even go with this site.

Back