Part of the shoulder strap collection of Chip Minx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff ;
Well written and thank you for setting things straight .
This whole thing now makes me wish that I had never posted the photos
Steve McFarland
Steve - no worries! I think we are all on the same page here. Alan was simply making the very good point that estate planning is a part of being a responsible collector, and everyone is genuinely curious to know the how / where / when of Chip's sale(s). I did feel compelled to get out in front of any potential rumors and make sure that folks know that Charlie and Mike dealt honorably with the family, which will come as no surprise to anyone at all who knows either of them.

If Chip could chime in here, I know that he would be 100% in favor of sharing photos and information. That was his way, and one of the many reasons why we all hold him in such high regard. With that in mind, (and in a pinch for quick SOS cover art) you all might recognize Chip's straps from the SOS 2022 program cover:

Attachments

• SOS_Cover_2022_frontonly.jpg
    SOS_Cover_2022_frontonly.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
Steve
I for one am very grateful you posted the photos. If you hadn’t we wouldn’t have learnt what had happened to this great collection and where and when it was coming up for sale. It is great to know it will be AGM dealing with it, although I have found with the different time zone and the speed of some collectors in pressing that button has meant that I have missed out on quite a few great pieces they have sold in the past! Maybe I will be lucky next time - I know now it’s worth saving for this collection.
So thank you for posting those great photos!
All the best,
Michael
Thanks
The bad part is that a close collector friend of mine
is very upset that his name was used in the thread
without his permission .His deal was a private one
and NOT for publication on the site
Steve

Steve - no worries! I think we are all on the same page here. Alan was simply making the very good point that estate planning is a part of being a responsible collector, and everyone is genuinely curious to know the how / where / when of Chip's sale(s). I did feel compelled to get out in front of any potential rumors and make sure that folks know that Charlie and Mike dealt honorably with the family, which will come as no surprise to anyone at all who knows either of them.

If Chip could chime in here, I know that he would be 100% in favor of sharing photos and information. That was his way, and one of the many reasons why we all hold him in such high regard. With that in mind, (and in a pinch for quick SOS cover art) you all might recognize Chip's straps from the SOS 2022 program cover:
Jeff ;
Thanks for your post
also many thanks for posting the cover of the 2022 S O S program
which is a photo that you took of some of Chip's straps .
I had promised a member that I would locate my program and scan it to him
you beat me to the punch
Thanks
Steve

Jeff ;
Thanks for your post
also many thanks for posting the cover of the 2022 S O S program
which is a photo that you took of some of Chip's straps .
I had promised a member that I would locate my program and scan it to him
you beat me to the punch
Thanks
Steve
Steve - if you or anyone else needs a copy of that SOS 2022 program, I picked up a few surplus boxes at the end of the show and have them available. If anyone wants one, (FREE) just send me a note via PM, or email directly [email protected]

Steve - if you or anyone else needs a copy of that SOS 2022 program, I picked up a few surplus boxes at the end of the show and have them available. If anyone wants one, (FREE) just send me a note via PM, or email directly [email protected]
Nice offer Jeff .
I could use an "extra " as mine is used and written in
Thanks
Steve

Apologies in advance to all who may be offended but what's with all the drama and subterfuge? May all those collectors who have passed on rest in peace but at the end of the day death will come for us all.

I will be the first to say screw what my family may ask when I am no longer around. I would be proud if people discussed my collection and how to get their hands on it or where it's ended up! And if someone got something from my collection and they ask that their name not be used on this forum, they can kiss the dirty spine on my crappy pickelhaube in advance.

This is why this forum exists... to discuss collecting pickelhaubes and Imperial Collecting! Sorry if your feelings are hurt but these are the facts.If you discuss your collection amongst collectors or share it in a public forum then you can no longer hide behind a cloak of anonymity. All bets are off and please be so kind to advise your next of kin of that fact.

We all have to accept the fact there may be a few lucky individuals who are fortunate enough to have first dibs on some collections we might covet, but as they say... thems the breaks. Shed your tears and get over it.

So thank you Steve for sharing the photos, Jeff for your information as to where and how we could be lucky enough own a piece of Chips collection and everyone else for letting me vent my opinion.

John

Reading through all the thoughts and comments one thing is for certain, that everyone held chip and his collection in the highest regards so I think in every aspect here everyone's comments were meant with the best of intentions. I didn't mean to stir the pot with my initial question of items being for sale.

Will

Thanks
The bad part is that a close collector friend of mine
is very upset that his name was used in the thread
without his permission .His deal was a private one
and NOT for publication on the site
Steve
Steve not to beat a dead horse, but your photos of the straps clearly has his name written on them...

Steve not to beat a dead horse, but your photos of the straps clearly has his name written on them...
James ;
I just chose not to list his name
that was never an issue with me
the point that I was making is that
the name of a collector friend of mine who is
NOT a member of our group was used
and my friend was the one who did not want
his name used
nothing to do me really
Steve

James ;
I just chose not to list his name
that was never an issue with me
the point that I was making is that
the name of a collector friend of mine who is
NOT a member of our group was used
and my friend was the one who did not want
his name used
nothing to do me really
Steve

Quoting your last line: "nothing to do me really"

Really??? (I presume you meant to write "nothing to do with me really") in your last line.

Gee, I wonder who wrote your friend's name on the photos you posted that started out this thread here? "...nothing to do (with) me really"... Really??? I clearly see 2-shoulder straps in the second row of one of the photos you posted here in the thread that started this entire fiasco, which have Your Friend's Name Clearly Pointed Out. It's not my handwriting in pen that is shown on one of these photos that you posted in #1, that started this thread. Your friend's name is clearly visible to anyone who signs in on this forum, and looks at Your Photos that You posted, which you used to start this entire thread which you posted here. (I have taken the liberty to re-post them here below, for reference to what I am talking about).

And it does not take a "rocket scientist" after seeing your friend's name that you wrote on the photo, to figure out who the "M R" initials refer to which you also wrote in this other photo that you also posted in the first post #1 that started this thread.

So don't go whining and complaining to me or anyone else here about me exposing your friend's name on here. You were the one to first expose it. I guess you do not realize this fact... Did you really think that no one would notice his name and initials on the photos that you wrote, and posted here to start this topic thread, and put "one and one" together? I personally think you owe your friend some answers as to why it was You, who exposed his name first on this forum, especially in light of you stating on an earlier posting on this thread that your friend is not happy about this, and you also wrote me a private message conveying the same message... I only wrote his name after seeing what you had first done in revealing his name publicly here, and figured it was o.k. to do so, since you had already exposed him here by your own hands.

And I would like to add that I do not personally know this friend of yours, and have never met him, and have never spoken with him. I presume that he's a very nice guy and a very nice collector, as is everyone who is a member here is a very nice person. (he is unfortunately not a member here, according to what you have stated. I am sure everyone here, including myself, would be happy to have him as a form member here, if he would choose to join.). I personally have nothing against him, and I have no axe to grind with him, or anyone else here.

Enough said on my part.

Attachments

• M R purchases photo 2.jpeg
    M R purchases photo 2.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 28
  • M R purchases photo 1.jpeg
    M R purchases photo 1.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back