Permanently banned - what did I do?

Now it would appear I'm in the dog house as well. Went through much to get back on, not only banned but there aren't any new postings.

Thanks - today all appear well. I notice the New Postings no longer carrying everything. It was funny, I was reading the postings clicked on a link to ebay in one of the postings and the site would not allow me back in.

After 2 weeks where everything functioned as it should, unfortunately my cell phone again marks me as banned, but I'm still able to log in through my laptop; is it possible to clean the ban list again?

Regards, Lars

I keep trying to log into the site and occasionally I succeed but almost always I am rejected as permanently banned. What need I do?

I am making a list of names of those who are having this problem. I will wait a couple of days and then send this list to Joel. Post here if you are having this problem.

b.loree said:
I am making a list of names of those who are having this problem. I will wait a couple of days and then send this list to Joel. Post here if you are having this problem.
Thank you very much.

I've just gone ahead and removed some of the banned IPs which I believe were affecting legitimate users.

Fingers crossed this has helped some of you who were affected.

Thank you very much Joel. I will be in touch to discuss further changes to the forum. Regards, B

In a recent conversation with Tony, he alerted me to the fact that I may have caused this problem. In getting rid of SPAM, I have been banning IP addresses (whatever that is :eek: ??) My apologies. :(

My internet browser always recognizes the village I live in by my IP address, so pretty specific on location. And I doubt the spammers are from my village :cool: so I don't know why my IP address shows up as a spammers IP address.
Regards, Lars

IP addresses are just that, an address, it is a way for a network to locate and identify a station. It is a kin to a telephone number

I'm usually the one with this type of problem and haven't experienced any. Of course, when I get banned from any site, I just figure they found out about that thing back in 1956.

Ron

I thought the judge dropped those charges Ron after you promised to be a good boy and never do that again . 😆😊

Back