Permanently banned - what did I do?

Lars13

Hi,

When I tried to log on from my laptop today I only got the entry page with the statement: “You have been permanently banned from this board”.

My contributions haven’t been that bad? 😀

Luckily my phone hasn’t been banned yet so I can post this.

What can I do to fix this? It’s ok to read posts on my phone, but posting is a hassle.

Best regards, Lars

Sorry Lars.... I have no clue why that happened. Perhaps Artificial Intelligence is starting to take over finally?

It has happened several times now, but waiting a couple of minutes and then refreshing the page has fixed it so far 😀

Is someone blacking out from too much drink and doesn't remember banning people? Are the machines finding this a way to mess people? We may never know.

The only ones banned so far are, one crazy person who made nonsense posts and spammers. I did not even ban that WAF person who tried to stir up shit. I did clearly express my views on him and his comments however. As always, many thanks T for all your help!

I got permanently banned today.
I finally got in this evening (obviously), but something weird is going on.
I have to log on every time I go to "Board index" and it says that I am permanently banned three or four times before it lets me in.
I have also noticed that we are getting spammed more than ever before.

John #-o #-o #-o

Today a bit more difficult to log in; got “banned” twice right after logging in ☹️

Regards, Lars

OK...can we clarify...are you logging in from a business/office computer?? I have never had a problem logging in from my at home personal computer. In the past we did have members who were part of the US civil service and they were blocked. So if you fall into that category of a private business or government sponsored computer, there is nothing that can be done. :thumbsdown:

b.loree said:
OK...can we clarify...are you logging in from a business/office computer?? I have never had a problem logging in from my at home personal computer. In the past we did have members who were part of the US civil service and they were blocked. So if you fall into that category of a private business or government sponsored computer, there is nothing that can be done. :thumbsdown:

I have only been banned when using my home computer.
The forum is saved as a favorite and it automatically opens when I click on it.
I have cleared history including all autofill saved data, but it still occasionally bans me.
So far tonight I have had no issues.

John :(

Same here, logging in through home PC only, and private mobile phone, some days no problem, other days almost impossible to log in (after being banned I always need to log back in).

Regards, Lars

Unfortunately no improvement, on my mobile I can hardly ever log on anymore, I only manage on my computer. And it has already happened that I'm kicked out again while writing a reply, which makes posting frustrating business.

Regards, Lars

PS: in fact, it happened just now while trying to post this reply, had to close my browser and log back on; does it have something to do with the site's cookies?

Just noticed that there were a few CloudFlare IPs on the ban lists - unfortunately if these IPs are banned it could result in legitimate users losing access to the site as there's a decent chance your traffic gets routed via the same endpoints.

I've removed the affected IPs from the ban list so hopefully access should be restored for those who were having issues previously, and will see if I can tweak things so it bans the user's real IP rather than the Cloudflare endpoint.

Thanks for the clarification Joel and the upgrade to our phbb system, we now have the latest version. Joel has agreed once again to host and provide tech forum support for 2021. :thumb up:

Thanks Joel,
It has been frustratingly difficult lately to log in, let alone post anything. It would be very nice if this issue would disappear :D
Regards, Lars

Hi Joel,
Hope I'm not writing too soon, but that seems to have done the trick: no need to log in again on either cell or laptop, that hasn't happened for many months :D
It makes it so much nicer to browse the forum now; thanks for your help =D>
Regards, Lars

Back