Photo for sale.....

What the hell is this idiot up to?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Casque-allemand-prussien-photo_W0QQitemZ260414224485QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_SK_dvd_Photo?hash=item3ca1e5b865&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1526%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ht_600wt_958

I don't think Tony and Chas have too much competition here in the photography dept.

And the helmet looks like a load of :puke:

My French is so bad I had to read it twice to realize that the auction was only for the photo, for 1 Euro the helmet would be a great buy, but for .01`Euro, the photo would be a ripoff. Some sucker who does not understand French will fall for this angle, and it could have easly been me
Gus

This isn't a new ploy: A guy 'pulled a stroke' like this on ebay a few years back with ten photograph's of an early 1950's Gibson "Gold Top" Les Paul guitar. The text of the listing was the most extensive I have ever seen, it was a dissertation that went into the whole history of the Les Paul guitars etc. - probably to distract from the fact that the actual item for sale were the ten photographs - NOT THE ACTUAL GUITAR!

It was worded very carefully to disguise this aspect and it was on 'Buy It Now' (which is the key to this trick) for a very large sum, but still a good price for such a guitar. The guitar was immaculate and one of these guitars was worth around $35,000- $45,000 back then. Some muppet spotted it early on, he saw the BIN option, failed to read the text properly and with eyeballs revolving like a cash-register hit the button and ended up paying a five-figure sum for ten photographs of a valuable electric guitar. I hate to think what his wife called him when a rather smaller parcel than expected was delivered by the postman and they opened it to find he'd been sucked in by an evil genius. Goodbye $22K - Hello divorce, buyers remorse, nocturnal unrest, bankruptcy hearings and baldness. I don't know if he ever got his money back?

They were nice photo's, though.........

Back