Php Glitches

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Hello to all. A heads up here especially to anyone trying to register on the forum as a new member. We are experiencing some typical glitches due to the new update. Specifically, my email is being swarmed by false new memberships generated by spam bots. We have lost our protection from this. I am receiving probably 20 spam memberships per day. I am trying to sort out the legit ones but I may delete some by mistake. So anyone new and not getting registered will have to be patient. We have also lost the automatic photo sizing modification that Tony had installed for eg look at the recent excellent post on the Franco-Prussian war helme, the photos are huge. Other problems may also surface as we proceed. Fixing these problems is going to have to be done by a professional, ideally the guy I hired to do the update. He has made several suggestions as to what has to be done but I do not know the cost as yet. Tony who has saved our asses many times in the past does not have the expertise to do this for free. I will keep everyone updated here in this post.

Thanks Gus. Our IT guy can not begin work until Monday so I continue to get 30+ spam memberships per day. Anyone wishing to join up should wait until after then when this spam bot thing is fixed. I would probably just delete you by mistake.

I think Paul LeB is a spammer, maybe you should delete him while you are at it!

Even better, what can we do to him? On second thought, better to not stir him up, he has the power to put us on the body cavity search list.

Back