Pickelhaube collection

08/15

No, unfortunately this is not my collection. This is part of the huge collection of the Brussels Army Museum, displayed attractively in at least 9 big glass display cases. Maybe you all have seen this exhibit already. But if not, and if interested, I can post fotos showing the rest of the showcases, including some close-ups. If I could figure out how to post bigger images, you would see more detail.

OK, here are 3 more photos showing the next 3-panel glass display case. My earlier posting showed the first display case in the series. I was photographing through glass, and the auto focus got fooled sometimes, so I apologize for some fuzzy shots. I'd say those Belgians did a pretty good job of collecting, after they won WW1.

My original photos fill my monitor screen at home, and so a lot of helmet detail can be seen. But for some reason, the Forum program reduces the photo to the smaller size you see. Does anyone know how to enable the photos to be shown large (screen size)?

My original photos fill my monitor screen at home, and so a lot of helmet detail can be seen. But for some reason, the Forum program reduces the photo to the smaller size you see. Does anyone know how to enable the photos to be shown large (screen size)?

Save them locally (click onto an image using the right mouse button and select "save inage"), then open the saved file.

The forum page simply scales the display space but the original image file is still the same.

Where is the truck??? Brussel is not far from the Kaiser house, isn't it??? come on guys, let's go to Brussel!!!

:army:

Robert said:

Save them locally (click onto an image using the right mouse button and select "save inage"), then open the saved file.

The forum page simply scales the display space but the original image file is still the same.

My point exactly. That code does nothing but reduce image quality. see here>> http://pickelhaubes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2070

Thanks for posting those 08/15, a shame a few are blurred. There are some in there a guy can only dream about......

The arbitrary resizing of photos has been my rant for some time also, and I find it absurd that text can spread wider across these pages than an image. I understand there have been complaints in the past regarding the need to scroll horizontally and vertically to view some pictures in their entirety, but is that really such an inconvenience? By reducing everything to postage stamp size what can be appreciated? The devil is in the details.

Besides, as I scroll through "Topic review," 08/15's pictures come through full size anyway.

Shrinking resolution does not reduce the time it takes images to load. If the JPEG is a monstrous 1.2 MB, it still uploads slowly before being resized by the programming.

I use Photoshop Elements to resize my pictures and generally adhere to a 6" x 9" image and a resolution of 60 K or less. These provide great detail and upload quickly. However, on this forum they are subsequently reduced to the equivalent of a puny 1-3/4" x 4."

Most monitors measure at least 15" diagonally. Where is the harm in allowing things to be a bit larger?

Chas.

Back