Pickelhaube helmet cover (Überzug) M1915

Westfront

My latest find is this M1915 pickelhaube helmet cover(Überzug) it has a removable cloth spike top and sewn slits for the leather chinstrap.

DSC08993-1.jpg

DSC08992-1.jpg

DSC09050-1.jpg

DSC09046-1.jpg

DSC09048-1.jpg

DSC09049-1.jpg

DSC08990-1.jpg

Unfortanuly i cant read the maker stamp and on the white label was the owners name i think but also its difficult to read.

but also its difficult to read

Those people were terrorists! Didn't they realize that we were going to collect this stuff someday. Why can they not have written more clearly? Just like postcards. Whoever invented the blue pencils? I am sure that Dante had a special level of hell just for the inventor!

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :guns:

I'll take a stab at this (but don't expect it to make any sense).

Central Armee Gruppe
Berlin 1915

Name: Kish

I believe the cover is the same as mine, in which the first word is definitely (and inexplicably) "Central."

P1011368.jpg

P1011372.jpg

Skeleton i think you are right about the manufacture stamp and the name of the owner can be Kish or Kich , thanks for showing your cover :thumbleft: .

Very sweet covers gentlemen. I have one as well. I will have to check it again for markings. Unfortunately though, mine is missing the cloth spike top. You are both very fortunate to complete ones. What are the odds that these 2 uberzugs have come down through time, "complete". Well done to you both!

Back