Pickelhaube ID Please

redoctober222

This pickelhaube is going to be auctioned at an estate sale in my area and I have been unable to identify the front plate. From the issue stamp it appears to be an Armee-Korps (Coblenz) but the front plate is not familiar to me. I know the photo's suck but they came from the auctions website. I am wondering if it would be worth my time to attend this sale or is this a fantasy item. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Only difference is that the one you show bears a different city/state coat of arms;
http://www.collectorssource.com/militaria/headwear/imperial-german-pickelhaube-prussia-hanover.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmm..interesting! I believe I will be attending this auction. Any idea what would be a good price to pay for this and what value it has? Thank you both for the info, it is much more than I had!

450$ is the price given in the link.
One see them climb to 800 euro for a mint one, but i would stay in the region of 500 euro.
|<

Before you bid, look at its condition. There's some white goo all over the chin strap and it looks like the front visor trim is broken or severely bent? IMHO don't go too nuts on your bids, unless the condition is better than it looks. :-k

:D Ron

Guy's I am sure you are aware that this is a fire/police type helmet. These pop up from time to time.

James

Rhineland fire officer helme. The wavy line on the green shield symbolizes this river. The markings on the rear visor suggest to me that this was a reworked war surplus helme done after the war. We have an OR's liner in a helme with officer fittings. This fireman conversion is very common amongst ordinary fireman helmets which we see for sale.....lots of plugged wappen holes etc.

Back