Pickelhaube informations

mcsto

1314784698.jpg

1314784697.jpg

1314784696.jpg

Hello to everybody,
I am Marco from Italy, and i am an inexperienced fan of pickelhaube, I’ve bought the pick in my picture.
Can anybody help me to know more information about it?
How can I know its länder or county, ist age or more informations?
Can anybody tell me a book or manual where find all about pickelhaube?
May be i’ve made too many questions…. Sorry
Thank you
mcsto

Hello Marco,
Welcome to the forum, you can not ask too many questions. Your photos can not be seen, if you need help to post photos, you can e-mail them to me and I will help post them, my e-male is [email protected]
Best
Gus

Welcome, send your pics to Gus and he will post them, love to see what you have.

Ask lots of questions, best way to learn

James

I would say definitely Leipzig city police. This Spitze, while not unique to police, is the commonly used Polizeispitze, the rear visor trim (Randeinfassung) is also common for Polizei helmets. Most fire helmets have combs (Kamm) for the lower ranks, spikes are seen at commander levels though. This helmet is of the lower ranks.
If someone will tell me how to post pictures, I'll post one of my Leipzig Polizeihelm for comparison.

Sorry, I forgot one thing: Take the National Kokard off this helmet and save it for another. City police would only wear the kingdom/state/principality Kokard, on the wearer's right side. In this case green and white, the Sachsen colors. Specifically this would be a Kokard for Leipzig; green ring AND GREEN CENTER, with white outer rays. If it doesn't have that one you could use a standard Sachsen Kokard and few people would ever know the difference.
Regards,

Just for ID, here is a photo of my Sachsen Polizeihelm from Leipzig showing the Leipzig Kokard.
Stephen
6103303811_d72c1eed71_m.jpg

6103302191_3e29244231_m.jpg

Tschako said:
Just for ID, here is a photo of my Sachsen Polizeihelm from Leipzig showing the Leipzig Kokard.
Stephen

OMG Stephen you are actually contributing on this forum?? Did you break your leg and are in bed with your lap top?? Jäger u. Viktoria can't get up on the bed?

Guys, Stephen has more knowledge about Polizei in one of his toes than most of us will ever have. :study:

Finally. One of my closest friends is here.

That must be one BIG toe you got there Stephen! :wink:

And that was my 500th post on this Forum :!: I can now be referred to as 'Militaria Guru' 8) . In fact I can tell you everything about Golden Retrievers, maple syrup & poutine (not necessarily mixed together), wine, Lebanese women (Canadian w. are too multicultural to figure out precisely, at least in Montreal), and my fake Stahlhelm liner...

Cheers everyone, this has been an awesome ride this far! Special thanks to Gus, Brian, Tony, James, R1, Brad, Ron, Edwin, Eric, and the rest of the :army: for their patience and precious advice :thumb up: .

Back