Pickelhaube IR88

Adler

Here's one of my finds this year... It's an issued M95 of Königlich Preußisches 2. Nassauisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 88 with NCO kokarden...

Hope you like it...

Adler

more than a beauty
nice nice =P~
beautiful plate by the way
and as always in the best condition, patience pays off =D>
those helmets with that plate in fieldgrey
schould that cross my path ,i deffenetly would buy it

jonas

A very rare front plate on a really great looking helmet! Congratulations Karel! =D>

30-Some years ago I bought an enlisted ersatz felt helmet with a regular brass line infantry eagle front plate. It came with a field cover with green felt "88" on the front. Unfortunately I sold the helmet and cover after a few years. One of the "8's" had moth damage to it, so I decided to let it go. I'll have to see if I can dig up an old photo of it. Several years later I tried to see if I could buy it back from the person I had sold it to. He had already sold it to someone else, as his collecting interest had changed to Civil War items. :(

Best Regards,

Alan

Fantastic helmet in all respects. How could I say otherwise?... We made the same find a few months apart.
http://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks guys!

Alan, I see what you mean... in those days there was more to find and sometimes you sell something to go for a better one, but at the end the better one doesn't come along... then you want the first one back but that seems to be impossible. The only thing to do is say "Do'h" #-o several times and after that never think about it again :-k ...

I saw that one Bruno and it's a great helmet also!

Adler

Adler and Bruno great helmets, here are some pics of mine, chinstrap is most likely bogus, but rest is good, and I love the painted Unit and date marks.

James

Hot damn, I would love to have one of those!! In all my years of collecting, I have never owned a single helmet with a bandeau wappen. I guess it has to be put on my bucket list.

Back