Pickelhaube Jäger zu Pferde m15

feel76

Hi could you please help me on this one? Is it 100% original like chinstrap, spike etc. What exact model is it and what would be a good price to pay for it?

Kind regards
here are the pics:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569402033CqjiSk

[/img]

I'll give it a go....errr.....it looks reasonable to me depending on the price I suppose. I think these should be 'blued' steel and the surface seems to have lost it's "blueing" or is it the tint of the photo's? If it has lost it's original suface I'd guess that's a fairly big negative aspect but that's just me!

I'm not sure if the spike's original, mine has the standard size spike but I think these should have a slightly longer type with a slightly different profile contour. Maybe they weren't too fussy late on, I don't know?

The chinstrap looks new to me. Cockade's look pretty OK but it would be good to see this whole thing in close-up really. Liner looks in reasonable shape....have the spike-base fixing brads been touched do you think - I can't recall seeing these to fix a base on a metallhelm but I'm sure someone will put me straight on this!

You really need some of the more experienced guy's on here to chime in on this but that's my 2cent's for what it's worth.......good luck with it anyway.

How much is it? I think it's quite a nice example overall;o)

A honest M15 JzP helmet. I agree with Mike that the black/blue finish - one of the attractive traits of these models - is shot. I would not worry about the spike but the cockades are wrong and original correct ones are neither easy to find or cheap. The chinstrap is probably a repro. Yet, the price is in the high range. These helmets being relatively common, you should be patient and wait for a nicer one.
Bruno

I will third Spike's and Bruno's opinion's.

The split brads are very, very, uncommon on the JzP helms. I have yet to see a helmet with them. They might be out there but I have not seen an example.

I think someone polished off the blueing and the grey paint that would have covered the now bare steel covered edges.

In it's present condition I wouldn't pay more than 250 euro.

I think you might want to wait for a better one to come along.

John

Back