Pickelhaube, just found

Absolutely! All matching and apparently untouched. An excellent helmet. Only needs cockades (not too difficult to find) and a chinstrap (more challenging).

Leib Grenadier Reserve Regiment 109. #109 was the Garde regiment of the Grand-Duchy of Baden. Hard to give a price without seeing the whole thing in real. As a ballpark figure I would say $ 2000/2300. The white metal chinstrap is not easy to find and can fetch up to $ 500. Flat chinscales will be even dearer. Plus cockades...

Beautiful helmet, congratulations. I have wanted one of those for years, the wappen alone was up for sale at the last SOS for $800US. A couple of Frenchmen had it on their table. I could not justify the cost. :(

911car said:
Leib Grenadier Reserve Regiment 109. #109 was the Garde regiment of the Grand-Duchy of Baden. Hard to give a price without seeing the whole thing in real. As a ballpark figure I would say $ 2000/2300. The white metal chinstrap is not easy to find and can fetch up to $ 500. Flat chinscales will be even dearer. Plus cockades...

I would even add that this helmet is much rarer than a "common" active LGR109. This is a RJR109 helmet with the scarce unique reserve plate for this only reserve unit, with a virgin banner under the griffin and the brass reserve cross. It seems to be a M91 plate with screws and nuts...

II.G.B.R.R.109: II Grenadier Bataillon Reserve Regiment 109

Much soldiers of the RJR109 were killed and taken prisoners during the first days of the Somme battle.

Philippe
:wink:

Back