Pickelhaube repair

LangeKerl said:
My advice is to stop trying to restore this helmet, as your "investment" may not pay off.

:thumb up:

No serious collector would be ready to buy such a parts-helmet for 650-800, because he will immediatly see the "work" =;
With a lot of luck, you will maybe only get the price you spent for the parts because nothing is matching ...

Philippe
:wink:

I would keep this Helmet and give it an extra place in your collection. Also it is a Parts-Helmet, think it was your 1st one and maybe the beginning of a wonderful obsession :thumb up:

I agree with Sandy. Pimp her up a bit without spending too much, and give her a decorative place in your home, collection or den.

By the way, better put your newly acquired cockade on the other (right) side :thumb up:

I agree as well to keeping it, but then I never get rid of anything. As to the cockade, Reich -right, Land - left

Ok thank you. But I am already committed to selling it. I bought it for 250 usd, spent 50 on it and I already have people trying to buy it for 400 usd (I’d make 100). Then I am going to buy one for 400 that I would have a better chance with knowing the history about. That would be one I would keep. I really want a Baden or a Prussian Garde one that I can at least confirm. Thank you for the input though, I really appreciate it. And yes, this is my first Pickelhaube. I also am buying an iron cross too.

Back