Pickelhaube + uniform + paper same soldier

This is just a part of the full grouping I've buy. All from same soldier (helmet, uniform with 2 hose, belt buckle, bayonet with troddel, many personnal paper).

If post work correctly I'll receive this week. I can post photos if interested.
Best wishes.
JC

Lovely! Most Dunkelblau Infanterie Waffenrock are very plain, and most look the same. Red collar, red cuffs. But what makes this Waffenrock to 9. Lothringisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.173 (Avold, III Bn Metz) XVI Armee Korps is those Brandenburg cuffs with the white vertical panel piped in yellow. It really makes this Waffenrock far more interesting.

M91 chinscales were not authorized for soldiers of this Regt. so unless this set came directly from the family, they have probably been added. Still a very nice Pickelhaube though and it makes a striking set.

Thanks to all. I'll post photos of the grouping this week. The bayonet is really nice with original troddel. A white underwear trouser is present too.
For the chinscale, you're right tony! It was a normal leather that was in the grouping.

The Militärpass shows the first apparition of the guy at the JR173 very late: on the 20.6.1918 #-o As a Landsturm Rekrut.

I am curious to see the other documents. Maybe this guy first was a OYV of this regiment in peace time. That would explain spike helmet and dunkelblau uniform. He could have kept his stuff because he bought it from the unit at this time.

Philippe
:wink:

Philippe,
Thanks for your interest.
I've receive the grouping. Attached other photos of the Militärpass if it can help.
Not easy for me to understand all german text.

JC

Attachments

• IMGP9534.JPG
    IMGP9534.JPG
    984.6 KB · Views: 381
  • IMGP9535.JPG
    IMGP9535.JPG
    985.1 KB · Views: 381
  • IMGP9536.JPG
    IMGP9536.JPG
    928.4 KB · Views: 381
  • IMGP9537.JPG