Pickelhauben, straight from the heart

911car

Did you know that a while ago, spiked helmets made their way to clinical cardiology?..
It was observed that in some patients with severe conditions, a modification of the ST segment (a segment of the electrocardiogram related to ventricular function) gives the ECG a dome-and-spike appearance reminiscent of a Pickelhaube. This was named the "Spiked Helmet Sign".
Here are excerpts from the original publication:

Capture 3.PNG
Capture 2.PNG

Here is another very recent clinical publication showing a picture of a spike helmet:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6953376/

nihms-1063669-f0002.jpg

(This post is not related to the current health crisis)

911car said:
Did you know that a while ago, spiked helmets made their way to clinical cardiology?..
It was observed that in some patients with severe conditions, a modification of the ST segment (a segment of the electrocardiogram related to ventricular function) gives the ECG a dome-and-spike appearance reminiscent of a Pickelhaube. This was named the "Spiked Helmet Sign".
Here are excerpts from the original publication:

My Dr. Wife would understand that, I understood that barely, and it seems fascinating, but this is privilege! That is my M15 officer is it not?

file.php

Marvelous that I could help and I finally made it into a medical journal without having to die! LINK to my M15 Officer

fgh24b.jpg

Tony without Kaiser said:
My Dr. Wife would understand that, I understood that barely, and it seems fascinating, but this is privilege! That is my M15 officer is it not?

Marvelous that I could help and I finally made it into a medical journal without having to die!
LINK

You are correct, Tony, this is yours! I knew this picture with the pale blue background rung a bell...
Congratulations. this is a nice publication!

Back