Pickelhaubes for sale in France

09fritz2547

I suppose I don't tell anything new here, but one the best known French experts/dealers in French Empire and XIXth century military antiques, has recently put quite some pickelhaubes for sale here, he states he will have much more in the near future:

http://2gm.bertrand-malvaux.com/c/2103/casques-a-pointe-czapskas-mitres-etats-allemands.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to register to enter the site.

Johan

Nice site indeed; thanks!

Has anyone seen this Schirmmütze? http://2gm.bertrand-malvaux.com/p/2842/casquette-de-chasseur-reserviste-bavarois.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm interested in it but again, I don't know for sure which model it is (M1917?) if not post-war with an added cockade (doesn't the maker logo look 1920s style?)

The seller describes it as a Bavarian Jäger Reserve Visor Cap (CASQUETTE DE CHASSEUR RÉSERVISTE BAVAROIS) but doesn't specify if it's Officer or NCO (the cockades look the officer type to me). More importantly, I still can't tell this from the Einheits (Universal) type... Anyone knows more about this one? :-k

RON said:
Nice site indeed; thanks!

Has anyone seen this Schirmmütze? http://2gm.bertrand-malvaux.com/p/2842/casquette-de-chasseur-reserviste-bavarois.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm interested in it but again, I don't know for sure which model it is (M1917?) if not post-war with an added cockade (doesn't the maker logo look 1920s style?)

The seller describes it as a Bavarian Jäger Reserve Visor Cap (CASQUETTE DE CHASSEUR RÉSERVISTE BAVAROIS) but doesn't specify if it's Officer or NCO (the cockades look the officer type to me). More importantly, I still can't tell this from the Einheits (Universal) type... Anyone knows more about this one? :-k
Can't help you out on that one!
But he seems very vague on other items as well.
It is the same thing as every time; "know what your are buying"!
cheers
|<

vonkluck14 said:
I'm glad you mention it.. to my opinion most helmets are way overpriced..

regards

Marcel

Collectors have only themselves to blame for bidding up auctions and paying high prices with dealers and such. After all, WE set the prices that way. I don't think there are many amongst us who would not like to see Kuerassier helmets drop back to $50 or pre-war Pickelhaube to $20, like they were fifty years ago (or $200 and $100 respectively when I started collecting). However, that's not going to happen, since there are dealers and investors who also buy and sell these things and either need or want to make a profit. I don't collect to invest, so now that prices are so high, I'm very picky about what's on my 'wants' list and pass up a lot of helmets that I may have purchased years ago. It's the way the market is and I don't see any reason to think Pick's will get any cheaper.
The same thing has happened to the military vehicle market and others.

Just my 2 cents.

:D Ron

Hello,

Has anyone dealt with this dealer before. I purchased an item from him 2 weeks ago and as yet have not received it, and he has not replied to any of my emails asking for an update on the status of the order. Understand delivery can be delayed, but lack of communication is an issue. If I have not heard anything soon will need to take matter up with PayPal.

Would be interested if anyone else has had similar problem with him.

Regards

Rich

Waiting for weather to improve (have got rid of snow just waiting for it to stop raining) so that I can get some decent pic's of collection and then will post soonest!

Richsarg

Finally got around to photographing collection (photographic skills a work in progress)

The Saxon cork example was my purchase from Bertrand and is marked to 106.R

Saxon_zps284f3345.jpg

Richsarg

Back