Picorator

well that sucks, I guess that is why I went with Smugmug and paid for their service, I am happy with it so far.

James

I have got the same problem now with Postimage.org. I spent hours making new photo's, updating older posts and making new posts with this site,
and now, only 4 months after everything is gone.
I've got better this to do in life than spending hours behind my PC fixing everything and seeing them go in a short while.
I do have another life you all know.

I know this doesn't do the forum any good, but I will not be updating pictures in older posts anymore.
All I will do is post directly from my PC, but only in new posts. I am completely done with "hosting"sites like these.
:x

coert65 said:
I have got the same problem now with Postimage.org. I spent hours making new photo's, updating older posts and making new posts with this site,
and now, only 4 months after everything is gone.
I've got better this to do in life than spending hours behind my PC fixing everything and seeing them go in a short while.
I do have another life you all know.

I know this doesn't do the forum any good, but I will not be updating pictures in older posts anymore.
All I will do is post directly from my PC, but only in new posts. I am completely done with "hosting"sites like these.
:x

I agree with you 100% Coert. After the photobucket snafu I spent hours downloading, resizing, and re-posting photos. I'm not doing it again.

I always used our forum as a research site and I would always investigate my possible purchases by comparing them with other's photos on this site. I know that several other members do the same. That capability has diminished substantially since photobucket and other similar sites have deleted our photos.
I will offer this to all of our forum members:
If you want any photos of items in my collection, or if you want any of my past posts updated with new photos, simply pm me and I will either re-post or e-mail you all of the photos you desire.

John :x

Like James, I am paying Smugmug for their service and I have no complaints. I tried to use the forum system but found it very frustrating trying to combine multiple pictures with text. The placement of pictures and text was bizarre and made no sense. I did make complaint to my son and he was going to talk to tech support, I will check up on this. Unfortunately, we have no control over these companies but this latest action is as was said another blow against our forum .

Posting using the forum is a little hard to remember (at least for the elderly like me), however, I do like the ability to enlarge the images. Although the photo I posted didn't quite work the way I hoped, I believe it was due to the original's size (too small).

Back