Pittence of a collection and display

mravery

Hello all,

Not sure if this is where to post this..... but my hobby room is just about complete....after a year of working on it and the cabinets.... it is about 'there'

I would also like to thank Mr. Mosher for his help and assistance on some of it... a pain in the ass he may be... but he is still a friend

"Looook!" (inside joke) :D

first pic.. you can see two light switched OUTSIDE the room..... we (Dave and I) had to move them.... cause there was no room inside the room for them .. and you will see why in a moment....

10027692bw.jpg

little space inside...... the 'walk around area inside is only 9 feet by 7 feet (momma only let me have the smallest bedroom in the house.. which was only 11x11 :D

10027717hs.jpg

oh... the room has 10 foot celings.... each case is lined inside top and bottom with cedar..... each glass dorr is tempered (I have to small boys.. this was a must)... and there are ventilation fans (2) in each one that I can turn on to keep the humidity equal to the room...

h
10027737xw.jpg

The three cases are set up as....... Imperial and 3rd Reich German in one...... Brit and French in another and Misc in the 3rd (Italian, Dutch, Bulgarian, Japanese and soon to add an Austrian)

10027740im.jpg

mravery said:
Hello all,

Not sure if this is where to post this..... but my hobby room is just about complete....after a year of working on it and the cabinets.... it is about 'there'

I would also like to thank Mr. Mosher for his help and assistance on some of it... a pain in the ass he may be... but he is still a friend

"Looook!" (inside joke) :D

first pic.. you can see two light switched OUTSIDE the room..... we (Dave and I) had to move them.... cause there was no room inside the room for them .. and you will see why in a moment....

10027692bw.jpg

Behind the white (not the green) door, Der Cabinet von Arzt Caligari...

Hi Mark, great job! Explendid Collection!
Otto

Hey Mark, You are very lucky to have a 11x11 foot room, in my house the smallest room is 9x9, and that is where there are 15 maniquins that are always standing in the way of my book shelves.
Gus

This is beyond exceptional. It is a little museum nicely done. But then hidden away.

Here is an idea. It is all good stuff but if you only need 1/2 a cabinet for imperial think of all the room you could have if you traded the non imperial for more haubes!

Nice display. Very nice display.

joerookery said:
Here is an idea. It is all good stuff but if you only need 1/2 a cabinet for imperial think of all the room you could have if you traded the non imperial for more haubes!

Nice display. Very nice display.

Hey Joe,

Actually.. that is how I got where I am today....... at one point I had over 40 General's tunics (all countries)..... and decided that I would rather have a few really nice ones.... so I sold off over half to pay for the Imperial stuff that you see now....... My biggest problem is that the only person that ever seems to have Imperial general's uniforms for sale is Herr Weitze... and lets just say that over the past two years... I think I paid for a couple of his kids collecge tuition ! Not to mention that my largest deal with him was 2 Decembers ago when the Euro was at it's highest at 1.36......... that REALLY adds up when your in the 5 digit range :eek: :eek:

Cheers
Mark

I think I paid for a couple of his kids collecge tuition

Would you mind terribly if you paid for a couple of ours??????? #-o

Still this is superb..... Perhaps you should give up banking and become a curator....nah ...... not enough $$$

Helmut Weitze is a friend of mine. But Jose Quervo now thats a real friend of mine.

Back