Possible new Haubes-Baden

iowa1111

I have been offered these Baden Haubes for 1000 for the pair. Just wondering if I should pull the trigger, they need some work but look legit. Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks Joe

I think they both look good, both have nice markings for Infantry Regiment 170 which is correct for Baden.

Missing kokarden can be found but will run you $100 or so per helmet, plus is both chinstraps are there.

I think $1000 is a fair price for both of them, $900 would be better IMO

I would not lose them over $100 though

Good luck

James

I agree with James.
The helmet to the left seems to have its chinstrap broken though and is a 54 (better than 53 but 55 or 56 would be the ideal display size IMO)... If I were to choose only one though--they're similar helmets after all--I'd go for the one on the RIGHT after swapping spikes as its liner + stamp + chinstrap look better.
Good luck and do keep us posted!

That's a fair price for a couple of nice helmets. I've seen prussian M15 helmets in a comparable condition offered for $600.

Best regards,

Edwin

I am going to pick up tomarrow, and will post additional pics, I just can't pass up. My next concern is to clean or how I should clean? I have been wanting to add to my collection and would like some advice before i mess something up once i have. Both are complete with exception of Kocards which I will be looking for if anyone has spare originals. As for he straps- they are not broken. Any advice would be great and I will post some more pics when I get them.

I just dust my helmets off and keep them in a temperature and humdity controlled room. If you are going to clean, follow Tony's instructions in the link below.

James

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/preservation/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am out of touch with prices but good straps and markings I thought these were a steal. could you not get $650 at SOS? I like them.

Got um yesterday, I feel it was a good buy; they look as if they have not been messed with un any way. I have vacuumed off the dust and do not know if I want to go any further. It says on:

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/preservation/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that I can clean them with a mild soap and damp cloth-does this only pertain to the helmet? And also the fittings? I thought that I should leave all the war fittings as is and not mess with them even with a mild soap? Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank

Joe

I agree with the others, its best to leave them alone. Except from the occasional dusting :D

Regards,

Edwin

Sounds good, I have done only a vac job anda slight wipe off and they look good, I will post some better pics later this week when I get back home. Now I only need to located the Kockards that are missing, outside of ebay where would be a good place to look?

Thanks for all of the advice, they look great!

Joe

Here are a few pics of them dusted up, they look pretty good. I am keep in the straps loose they are a bit fragile.

JH

iowa1111 said:
Sounds good, I have done only a vac job anda slight wipe off and they look good, I will post some better pics later this week when I get back home. Now I only need to located the Kockards that are missing, outside of ebay where would be a good place to look?

Thanks for all of the advice, they look great!

Joe

I would suggest to have a look at http://www.germanmilitaria.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; because they sometimes offer nice cockades.

Regards,

Edwin

GREAT deal Joe!!! :bravo:
very nice price IMO for these two Mannschaft M15 Baden, well marked and in a quite fine condition.
Philippe

Back