Preußen Garde Offizier

RoyA

Thanks to Bruno I was recently able to place this beauty in my collection.
Attributable to four units...
- 5.Garde-Regt. zu Fuß Garde-Korps (Spandau)
- Garde-Füsilier-Regt. (Berlin) Garde-Korps
- Garde-Pionier-Bataillon (Berlin) Garde-Korps
- Eisenbahn-Regt. Nr.1-4
Roy
gardet1vo0.jpg

OK, looking past that fact that this is an insanely rare and beautiful helmet :love10: (where is the puke icon?)
biggrin.gif
how did you take such brilliant photos? What is the backdrop? More importantly, how did you keep it from getting covered in cat hair long enough to take such superb photos?

I'm flipping though refs here, (perhaps someone else can clarify?) but I believe that 5.Garde-Regt. zu Fuß Garde-Korps (Spandau) and the Garde-Füsilier-Regt. (Berlin) Garde-Korps carried gilt Rosetten on the chinscales for officers, although men wore silver M91 posts. Your Rosetten are silver, which (could be wrong here) means that it is a helmet from the Garde-Pionier-Bataillon (Berlin) Garde-Korps or Eisenbahn-Regt. Nr.1-4.

Found it! >> :puke:

I learned how to take photo's from you my friend!
Outdoor lighting, no direct sunlight.
Backdrop is white posterboard.
Photo reduction is stepped with sharpening each time.
R

Hello Roy:

Absolutely stunning, both the helmet and the photos. Kudos! Like Tony, I believe it to be either Garde Pionier or Eisenbahn.

Tony & Kaiser said:
// I believe that 5.Garde-Regt. zu Fuß Garde-Korps (Spandau) and the Garde-Füsilier-Regt. (Berlin) Garde-Korps carried gilt Rosetten on the chinscales for officers//
That is my understanding as well. My Garde Reserve is configured with gilt Rosetten (note the sword).

DSC_0048.jpg

Chas.

I hate to use the same term every time someone posts an insanely beautiful pickelhaube on here, but I just can't think of a better word...........breathtaking!!! :eek:ccasion5:

I should not have read this post... now I feel that I regret that I sold it... just kidding, but it sure is a lovely helmet in absolutely outstanding condition. And the pictures are indeed very pretty!
Bruno

Thank you for the kind comments gentelmen!
It's great to learn that we can narrow this one down to Garde-Pionier und Eisenbahn.
R

Roy....just excellent, super cool!! Fantastic photos. Bruno I am very surprised that you would part with this helme. Chas also an exceptional piece of headdress. Wow! Brian

Back