Preußen Linien-Infanterie Pickelhaube für Reserve Offizier

weirdpyramid

I wanted to share this "sehr frisch" Infantry Officer helmet with original parade bush and matching spike with all of you. This is a later style helmet as you can see from the shape and style. As far as a rare helmet this one isn't but its condition really really sold me. I wanted to get some "basic" or common helmets in my collection just for the hell of it and this one for me fit the bill. The exterior is in very good condition and its interior is even better! The finish on the wappen is very nice and has a great reserve cross attached. As you can see from the interior pics the helmet maker is A. Werner & Sohne and it seems to not have been worn at all or very little. The liner leather is very flexible and the silk lining is almost in mint condition. Enjoy!

mitparade.jpg

frontnwu.jpg

side1er.jpg

side2.jpg

linerfy.jpg

makerf.jpg

maker2.jpg

WP,

As far as a rare helmet this one isn't but its condition really really sold me.

Possibly rarer than you may think; only three Prussian Line Regiments wore the normal line eagle and the black bush:

Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 25 (1913)
Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 80 (1913)
Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 86 (1895)

Regards
Glenn

Glennj said:
Possibly rarer than you may think; only three Prussian Line Regiments wore the normal line eagle and the black bush:

Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 25 (1913)
Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 80 (1913)
Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 86 (1895)

Regards
Glenn

Thanks Glenn! and as I have looked into also the Nr. 145 wore a black bush, I'm I correct on that? I looked up all this before posting but I am always a little weary of a parade bush changing the regiment, dealers/sellers can change the price of a helmet with such little additions not original to the helmet, especially with a Line Infantry helmet. My parade fits very snug into the spike base and the spike also. The serrated screws seem to be original and have not been "cut down" to fit but I always try not to jump to conclusions. Overall I am very pleased with this helmet and I love hearing all the input from you guys! :)

Indeed, a very fine helmet congrats! The liner is absolutely excellent and thanks for sharing.

Regards :wave: ,

Edwin

joerookery said:
Is the spike base Marked Along the rim with the maker's name?

Yes Joe it is, you can kind of see it blurry in that last photo. Awes really really liked to brand their helmets, the name is on the helmet somewhere 4 times.

Awes really really liked to brand their helmets, the name is on the helmet somewhere 4 times.

Yes but I have seen it several different ways. It is almost like the more expensive the helmet, the more times they put their names on it. Yours has all the bells and whistles!

Back