Prince Oscar 1 G R zu Fuss

I do not mean to hijack your post, Steve, but this may be of interest. This is Prinz Oscar again. He was "a la suite" before the war, then Oberst (colonel) in WW1 in GR7.
More interesting, this is HIS very own GR7 helmet.

Pic10 (2016_06_09 15_02_06 UTC).jpgPic09 (2016_06_09 15_02_06 UTC).jpg

I do not mean to hijack your post, Steve, but this may be of interest. This is Prinz Oscar again. He was "a la suite" before the war, then Oberst (colonel) in WW1 in GR7.

View attachment 24442View attachment 24443
Bruno
Not at all
As a matter of fact I really like really like the addons
I am glad that you added Oscar in G R 7
I thought that I had that photo (not in color) and I was going to post it
but I could not find it
I have an enlarged copy framed on my wall.
Steve

Bruno, do you own that helmet? that is a killer! also, do you have a picture of the silk? I like comparing the different materials used and the monogram of the wearer.

Bruno, do you own that helmet? that is a killer! also, do you have a picture of the silk? I like comparing the different materials used and the monogram of the wearer.
Not sure that Bruno was saying the helmet that
he posted belonged to Oscar .
but if so he can correct me
I do have the 1 G R zu Fuss helmet of Prince August Wilhelm .
Steve

No Louis, I do not own it. To tell you the truth, I could have purchased it but I didn't. Now, I sort of regret...

Yes it did, Steve. This was Oscar's personal Pickelhaube.
Bruno
Very sorry !
I did not note that you said that
I thought it was just an officers helmet of G R 7
Please excuse my mistake
I did NOT read this
Thanks for pointing out my mistake
My August Wilhelm helmet came from the Kube auction
many years ago
Another collector bought it
He passed away at a young age
and with the help of Bob Palko
I bought the helmet from the collectors widow.
Do you have any background that would share
as to how you were able to acquire your helmet?
I much better understand the question of Louis now
Thanks
Steve

Not sure that Bruno was saying the helmet that
he posted belonged to Oscar .
but if so he can correct me
I do have the 1 G R zu Fuss helmet of Prince August Wilhelm .
Steve
Could you possibly show a few pictures of it?

That is pristine! Are the holes in the sweat band alswys post war? I s w that only once before on a 1G R zu fuss hellet on weitze store.

Are the holes in the sweat band alswys post war?
Some say so, but I do not agree. Some - albeit rare - wartime officer helmets do show such holes. There are other less obvious but more specific signs to identify post-war productions.

I did a major restoration last winter on an officer helmet with similar ventilation holes in the sweatband. It was wartime or even prewar production. It was a family piece and they had pictures of Opa wearing it in the war. This supports Bruno’s statement, they are rare, but they do exist.

Back