Problems posting pictures?

JohnM

Anyone else having problems with posting pictures?

Not a browser issue. Say Server Parsing issue.

John

I think the problem is with attaching photos.

CRL2PW6.jpg

It doesn't seem to be a problem with importing photos.

John :?

Steglitz said:
Hello,

Having the same issue, could someone tell me how exactly to import?

Kind Regards,

Joe

You have to go to an outside site and post your photos.
I use imgur.com.
You need to size your photo, save it in imgur, and then post it into the forum.

John :)

I use SmugMug as my host. I have tried numerous times to use our site to host my pics but I find it frustrating and ponderous, I don’t know if anything can be done to make it better.

Hi Amy, I will give instructions for you and anyone else reading.

1. Have the images saved to your computer
2. When logged into Imgur, click on the letter with your initial in the upper right hand corner, then select "images" on the dropdown list.
3. This will bring you to a new page, select "Add Images" and "Browse" to upload your images.
4. Image will upload. When you select it, copy the line for "Linked BCC Code"
5. Use this in your post where you want the image, it will appear as text until you submit the post.

Steglitz said:
Hi Amy, I will give instructions for you and anyone else reading.

1. Have the images saved to your computer
2. When logged into Imgur, click on the letter with your initial in the upper right hand corner, then select "images" on the dropdown list.
3. This will bring you to a new page, select "Add Images" and "Browse" to upload your images.
4. Image will upload. When you select it, copy the line for "Linked BCC Code"
5. Use this in your post where you want the image, it will appear as text until you submit the post.

There is one other thing to be aware of:
You may need to size your photos before you put them in imgur.
When I first started using imgur the first photos I posted were gigantic.
I use "paint" to size the photos.

John :)

Think I have done it ...so happy. Thank you guys. and let me put up the pics in the latest find Hessian helmet forum to see if Alan can identify which hessian is his LOL.. thank you

Yes, looks like we're still having photo hosting uploading problems here.

The message I receive is: "Error parsing server response."

Thanks,

Alan

So did I, but I am using Postimage.cc.
Posting direct from my computer doesn't work but Postimage.cc works fine for me.

I emailed tech support alerting him to the problem but have not received an answer yet. Usually, he is very quick to solve problems. Perhaps due to this holiday season? So, the problem is we can no longer use the forum to host pics? As I have said I switched to Smugmug. Many months ago.

Back