Proud recipient of the Anhaltisches Friedrich-Kreuz

Nice photo and that may be the first time I’ve seen an enlisted man wearing this award in a period photo. At least in the day awarded medal arrangement shown in the photo.

To give a quick, simple response to the award I would say it’s Anhalt's version of a medal that could be compared to Prussia’s EKII. It was awarded in one class to officers, military officials, non-commissioned officers, soldiers and civilians who distinguished themselves in the field, or who gave exceptional service on the home front.

Nice photo and that may be the first time I’ve seen an enlisted man wearing this award in a period photo. At least in the day awarded medal arrangement shown in the photo.

To give a quick, simple response to the award I would say it’s Anhalt's version of a medal that could be compared to Prussia’s EKII. It was awarded in one class to officers, military officials, non-commissioned officers, soldiers and civilians who distinguished themselves in the field, or who gave exceptional service on the home front.
I greatly appreciate your post! I, for one, didn't know what the medal was until I had the photo in hand and could research it. It definitely helped that I was able to make out his IR93 straps. A photo I am very happy to add to the collection, even though it does have a little bit of a double exposure.

Thanks again!

Karl

It is exactly what @ccj said about it, a medal, equivalent to the EKII.
I have several 2 medal spangen, with the EKII and the state equivalent to it. Here is my Anhalt one:
anhalt-front-jpg.22185

Back