Prussian Cuirassiers 1870

Thanks for sharing the video with us! I just watched it, also saw your other film about development of the uniform.
I liked it a lot! Keep up the good work.

Regards, Coert.

I had the opportunity to create a video about Prussian cuirassiers. Here the result.
I hope you like it and sorry for some mistakes, but the film crew were professionals and we two in uniform did something like this for the first time.
Great job. Danke sehr!

This is a really nice and very informative video. Well done and thank you to all participants for your efforts (y)(y)

I had the opportunity to create a video about Prussian cuirassiers. Here the result.
I hope you like it and sorry for some mistakes, but the film crew were professionals and we two in uniform did something like this for the first time.
Perhaps one of the best posts that I have seen on this site!
Excellent AAA +
Steve

This is really well done and a concise explanation of what all this equipment is about. I have an 1843 set and have been wondering about details like the lip around the neck and shoulders of the kurass. I had no idea so much work went into anticipating where the injuries would most likely occur and how to protect the kurassier as much as possible without reducing combat mobility. Your characterizations as good as I've seen. You guys could do some great interpretive work with some of the original architecture that might still be standing. I remember seeing the Egyptian Museum in Charlottenurg and being told it had been a cavalry headquarters. I could still see that on my one time visit in 1998. I love Egypt but I kept looking around wondering where the soldiers were quartered, training, where were the horses maintained. Maybe that museum has been totally re-conceived, but I would follow these two interpreters around to any of the original locations across the country and listen to the stories of the units there. There seem to have been photos and cards produced of nearly everything 19th century to bring the structures to life.

Back