Prussian Dragoon Reg No 2

HerrJak

All,

Since I'm new, I thought I would post my latest acquisition before I deployed to Kuwait (November). It's a Prussian Dragoon Regiment No 2 Officer's Pickelhaube. Here it is at the prior owner's house...

DragoonNo2.jpg

And here it is on my mantel with my small collection...

Mantel.jpg

Hopefully, I did this picture posting correctly!

Regards

Scarce helmet,, not a helmet that any collector would like to part with. It would have been nice to se a close shot of the centre and the rear of the eagle.

Wow! I still do not have one of those and even when I had 53 helmets in the collection I never had one of these dragoon helmets. Well done!

Hello and Welcome!

Nice collection. Yeah, I was sent to Kuwait as well (LSA Ali Al Salem)... Then up to Iraq. Can't say much good about the experience. Couldn't even send anything good home, so to me it was worthless and adding General Order 1A to it... well...

:D Ron

A very rare and beautiful helmet- can we get more pics? This one is in its war-time configuration of silver mounts...

Thank you all for the compliments! I have to admit, finding this helmet was not due to any great skills of mine. As I mentioned in my introductory note in the new member section, my wife's uncle, Steve Sinclair of San Antonio, got me hooked on this hobby. I mentioned to him that one day I would like to get a helmet with an enamel crest on the wappen. A few days later, he offered to sell me this Dragoon helmet and said many of the things you all did -- wartime configuration, extremely rare (he has never seen another in 30+ years of collecting), and best of all - he wanted me to have the honor of being it's next custodian. So I feel very fortunate.

I'm deployed until July, so follow-up pictures will have to wait until then. I love my wife, but I would never ask her to try to take the helmet apart to take additional pictures! And yes Ron, General Order 1A is in full effect!! Life here at Camp Arijan is just soooo wonderful! As a matter of fact, I was just up at Ali last week. I flew through there on my way to Qatar for a meeting.

Regards,
Ray

HerrJak said:
Thank you all for the compliments! I have to admit, finding this helmet was not due to any great skills of mine. As I mentioned in my introductory note in the new member section, my wife's uncle, Steve Sinclair of San Antonio, got me hooked on this hobby. I mentioned to him that one day I would like to get a helmet with an enamel crest on the wappen. A few days later, he offered to sell me this Dragoon helmet and said many of the things you all did -- wartime configuration, extremely rare (he has never seen another in 30+ years of collecting), and best of all - he wanted me to have the honor of being it's next custodian. So I feel very fortunate.

I'm deployed until July, so follow-up pictures will have to wait until then. I love my wife, but I would never ask her to try to take the helmet apart to take additional pictures! And yes Ron, General Order 1A is in full effect!! Life here at Camp Arijan is just soooo wonderful! As a matter of fact, I was just up at Ali last week. I flew through there on my way to Qatar for a meeting.

Regards,
Ray

I spent a couple of weeks at Arifjan and it was not the joy of my existence. We were in those BIG tents, so privacy... hell, what's that!?? We did find some nice Soviet tanks out in the desert (you probably know where they are), but try as I might, I couldn't talk Navy Customs into letting me ship one home, or even begin working on it. Crappy war. No booze, no cool stuff to ship home, hot, dry, no fun. We have a WWI cannon at our courthouse square that was a vet bring-back. He had it in his yard for years before donating it to the city (I'd have brought back an FT-17!) :) My best to you and hope you stay safe.

:D Ron

Back