Prussian Dragoon

During 4 decades of collecting Imperial German militaria I know that it can get a bit lonely at times when one is surrounded by people every day who don't have any knowledge of your treasures or could care less. In truth, it can get you down when there is no appreciation or chance to share you "latest find" with someone of like mind. Consequently, I would like to congratulate the members here and on many other posts for their very positive comments and appreciation! Well done to all ! (y) (y)

During 4 decades of collecting Imperial German militaria I know that it can get a bit lonely at times when one is surrounded by people every day who don't have any knowledge of your treasures or could care less. In truth, it can get you down when there is no appreciation or chance to share you "latest find" with someone of like mind. Consequently, I would like to congratulate the members here and on many other posts for their very positive comments and appreciation! Well done to all ! (y) (y)
What a nice comment from you Brian! It's true that we often have the impression of being alone and/or misunderstood with our passion for the collecting of WW1 militaria. It's like those who know how to be different from the nor

For me, a pickelhaube is not just an object but a witness of a past era that we idealize or not. And in the present case, a past made of courage or not and of suffering or not via a time when very often there were still people with class and humanity despite everything.

Back