Prussian Felt Ersatz

charly239

dear friends

any red flags here?

Thanks
tom

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ersatz-Pickelhaube-Filz-1-Weltkrieg-TOP-/262689033480?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=1WR%252B1vPjuN5M2Dv2l2gJXfsmtPk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think you did well. It looks good to me. We look forward to seeing it in your post with a complete run-down.

Congratulations,
John :thumb up:

charly239 said:
Sure auction closed
i bought it, hope this was not a mistake

tom

Okay, so you can ask people before you bid if they think it's good. You'll get a lot of honest answers here and you don't need to worry about being 'sniped' any more than you would had you not asked. Some of the members here not only 'have reference books', but have written them. A pretty knowledgeable resource.
I think you did well with it.

:D Ron

Looks like an excellent helmet Tom, congratulations. A couple of small things to note for future purchases.....the liner string....black coloured and "braided" is totally correct and there are no scratch marks in the black paint around the spike brad tangs on the underside of the tin support disc. The disc and spike have never been removed since the helme was manufactured. The liner is original and excellent and there are no tears in the felt of the helme. A very nice piece. :thumb up:

Back