Prussian Foot Artillery EM helmet

Stosstrupp

Hello Everybody

This is my latest purchase a Prussian foot artillery enlisted men helmet nicely stamped Fs.A.R.7 - Bekleidungsambt VII.1914 , funny thing it looks like someone was sleeping in the helmet factory because both the knopf 91 are wrongly assembled.
IMG_6275.JPGIMG_6280-001.jpgIMG_6277.jpgIMG_6268.jpgIMG_6269.JPGIMG_6271.JPGIMG_6279-001.JPGIMG_6266.JPGIMG_6265.JPGIMG_6263.jpg

Very nice helmet indeed with excellent markings! 👍 Odd that it has an infantry style rear spine with slider vent.

Hello Everybody

This is my latest purchase a Prussian foot artillery enlisted men helmet nicely stamped Fs.A.R.7 - Bekleidungsambt VII.1914 , funny thing it looks like someone was sleeping in the helmet factory because both the knopf 91 are wrongly assembled.
View attachment 35148View attachment 35149View attachment 35150View attachment 35151View attachment 35152View attachment 35153View attachment 35154View attachment 35155View attachment 35156View attachment 35157
Nice to see a helmet that is 100 % original .
Steve

funny thing it looks like someone was sleeping in the helmet factory because both the knopf 91 are wrongly assembled.
Hi,
I don´t think so.
Often seen on EM cavalry and artillery helmets. This was to allow an easier put down of the chinscales ;)
Beautiful and well marked helmet. I see a name on the front visor. Can you decypher it?
Philippe

Hi,
I don´t think so.
Often seen on EM cavalry and artillery helmets. This was to allow an easier put down of the chinscales ;)
Beautiful and well marked helmet. I see a name on the front visor. Can you decypher it?
Philippe
Hi Philippe

There is indeed a name in the front visor but very difficult to read i can't decypher it.
IMG_6272.jpeg

Looks like "Stolzenwald" to me, I could only find one in the casualty list for Fußartillerie-Batterie 133.
Regards,
Lars

EDIT: there are many "Stolzenwald" in the casualty list for other units, this is the only casualty in a Fußartillerie unit that I could find

Last edited:
Back