Prussian Garde M15

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
For sale....a salty Prussian Garde M15. This one has seen the elephant! Of note: I had to restitch both visors, chin strap and it's fittings are original but there is a thin strip of glued leather holding the strap together where it has typically split on the inside near the M91 fitting. The Reich kokarde has been repainted and there are period stitch repairs to the sides of the liner along the rim of the helmet (see photos). There are no extra holes behind the wappen and all metal fittings are original to the helmet. The absence of grommets in the wappen holes causes me to believe, that this was a pre war brass Garde helme which was converted to M15 fittings. Starting price: $950US plus shipping.
IMG_4578.jpeg
The Garde star may even be pre war neusilber.
IMG_4579.jpeg
Reich....repainted. You can also see the heavy period thread used to restitch the liner to the shell.

IMG_4580.jpeg
IMG_4584.jpeg
A complete liner with no tears.
IMG_4587.jpeg
I believe that the original brass grommets were removed to convert this to an M15. Original soldered loops.
IMG_4581.jpeg
Original Prussian kokarde and again the period repair stitching along the liner rim. You can also see the repair to the chin strap split.

Back