Prussian General's Pickelhaube w/Plume

Maple Creek

This is one of the last great items from my father’s collection. Even though he’s not with us anymore, I decided that my father will participate in my daughter’s wedding by posthumously donating proceeds from the sale of this helmet to the cause!

When this general’s pickelhaube fell into my hands it had a Hessian officer’s spike, probably inadvertently switched from a Hessian officer’s helmet that Dad had years ago in his collection. With Randy Ts help, I found a correct, original general’s spike. This is something that would be difficult to detect if I didn’t mention it, but in the interest of full disclosure, that’s the story. The helmet is otherwise unaltered with all original components. It has slight crazing – probably less than average. I don’t know the meaning of the stamps. The original owners name, “Hemish” is attached to the liner. It has a beautiful paper stamp on the dome indicating size - 58 - which is rather large for these things.

At the Max Show a couple of years ago I found a Prussian general’s parade plume that I’ve displayed with the helmet. The mounting bolt is smaller than the hole for the spike base, so it fits loosely, but it works for display purposes. I’m selling the plume separately and giving first dibs to whoever buys the helmet.

I'm offering the helmet here before I make it available elsewhere. Compare with this one for $7,200 https://derrittmeister.com/product/prussia-pickelhaube-general/

Pickelhaube without plume: $3,995 + postage + transaction fees

Plume: $595

Gen_Plume_Front.jpg
Gen_Front.jpg

Back