Prussian Kit Helmet by von der Hayden of Berlin, Complete

ww1czechlegion

Offered for sale is a Prussian Kit Helmet by the firm "von der Hayden, Berlin" as marked on underside of front visor. Helmet has been left in "uncleaned" condition since I acquired it.

Complete with the original chinstrap it came with, and the original Prussian enlisted kokarde with the special "V" notch. I added an original non-notched National Kokarde to the helmet, since the original National kokarde was missing when I acquired the helmet.

Chinstrap is the rivited variation type, with the leather ends riveted together at the adjustment buckles. The chinstrap is broken on the wearer's left side, next to where it threads through the brass attachment fitting, as seen in photograph. I have a folded piece of yellow paper stuffed in the brass side post attachment piece in order to hold the strap in place. Chinstrap is in delicate condition, though flexible. I believe the chinstrap has what is called dry rot or red rot to the leather.

Liner is in excellent condition, very supple and fully intact with no tears, and NO dry rot or red rot to the liner. The rivet is intact at the back of the liner.

Felt pad is intact in top of helmet.

The "von der Hayden, Berlin" stencil is intact and legible on underside of front visor.

One side of the back visor is bent a little and the exterior paint has cracked a bit, as seen in photo. There is a 2" long shallow crease or dent on the wearer's top right area, just to the right of the spike base. The dent/crease runs from the back edge of the wappen eagle's wing, to right along side of the wearer's right side of the spike base. It is 2" long, and shallow.

I have not cleaned this helmet since acquiring it, and it is a bit dirty from storage age on the exterior.

Tip of spike is dented in a bit, mentioned for accuracy.

Priced at $1,200.00 or "Best Offer"

Postage in USA: $18.00 via Priority Mail with Tracking.

I can mail this to Canada for $35.00 via 1st Class International Mail with tracking.

UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands postage: $60.00 via 1st Class International Mail with tracking.

Australia or New Zealand Postage: $65.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking.

I can bring this to the SOS if Amy wants to buy it, or for anyone else who will be attending the show in Louisville, KY this next week.

Payment via PayPal is o.k., I prefer "friends and family".

Thanks,

Alan

101_8175.JPG

101_8176.JPG

101_8177.JPG

101_8178.JPG

101_8179.JPG

101_8180.JPG

101_8181.JPG

101_8183.JPG101_8184.JPG

Back