Prussian M.1842-1860 Pickelhaube-with picts. this time

Sadowa

• Hello to everybody,

First of all I want to say I am happy I can take part in this Forum as a new member.
    I am a collector of militaria from Czech republic. Most of all I am interested in militaria
    From the Austro-Prussian war 1866 year.
    In this my topic I would like to introduce you one of my helmets from this war.
    I think it is very nice exapmle of an old M.1842 converted to M.1860 with old type of leather cocarde. Between the knees and elbows of the eagle there are clearly visible the old holes when the eagle was replaced higher.The old seals fell out already lot of years ago.
    I hope you will like it.

• M-1860-42-01.jpg

M-1860-42-02.jpg

M-1860-42-03.jpg

M-1860-42-04.jpg

M-1860-42-05.jpg

P1010001.jpg

This is an intersting period and not covered much , but could be . I can not see the pictures . How are you posting them? Alot of guys use Photobucket , also there is a size restriction to pictur size on the forum .
Here is the link for phtotbucket

http://photobucket.com/about_us/about_us.php

Again welcome Look forward to reading on this period.
Mark

Welcome Sadowa,
Your choice of name helped keep you on the forum, and now that you have posted, we are very happy to have you here, we are looking forward to seeing photos of your helmet.
Gus

Gustaf said:
Welcome Sadowa,
Your choice of name helped keep you on the forum, and now that you have posted, we are very happy to have you here, we are looking forward to seeing photos of your helmet.
Gus
I am very sorry that I waste your time with the problem with my pictures. So it was very poor entrée. I hope it is now O.K.

zipperheads9 said:
This is an intersting period and not covered much , but could be . I can not see the pictures . How are you posting them? Alot of guys use Photobucket , also there is a size restriction to pictur size on the forum .
Here is the link for phtotbucket

http://photobucket.com/about_us/about_us.php

Again welcome Look forward to reading on this period.
Mark
Thank you Mark for the welcome,
it was an error of my end,I am very sorry- but I hope it is O.K. now.
Thanks again,Alexandr

Welcome again, Alexandr,
You do not waist our time, we will help any way we can. Please understand that you are very welcome here.
Best wishes
Gus

Sorry
You are very welcome and as I said I amintersted in seeing the Helmet and more on that period in History. Again Welcome
Mark

Alexandr, I also collect headgear from the Czech Republic. My best freind lives on Spanelska in Prague, and I have attended 2 military shows in Prague. Regards, Corky

Sadowa,

That worked. Facinating helmet. I am very fond of these older-converted helmets. It may also have been an an M1856 converted, hard to tell.

By the way, I like your web page layout very much with the top graphic. Very nice! Tony

• Thank to all of you for the nice and kind words.

Special thanks to you Tony- it was a lucky strike that I have found out your web pages in the same moment when I came across the 3 prussian picklehaubes.I have got there a lot of usefull informations that helped me in my decision to buy these helmets.Nevertheles the main battlefield of the Prussian-Austrian war in 1866 year is in Czech rep.,these helmets are very rare to find.Good and complete informations are scarce as well.

Alexandr

thecorkhelmet said:
Alexandr, I also collect headgear from the Czech Republic. My best freind lives on Spanelska in Prague, and I have attended 2 military shows in Prague. Regards, Corky
Hi Corky,what kind of headgear did you mean? Genui czech or former Austro-Hungarian? Tell your friend in Prague I would be happy to meet him.
Thanks,Alexandr

Welcome to the forum Alexandr:
I enjoyed looking at your helmet very much. Brian

Alexandre, my earliest Austro-Hungarian helmet is an 1842 Dragoon. I also have the 1905 other ranks, like yours, and an officers. Also have a Lieb Garde, mounted police, and lots others. I have items until the end of WW2. Jerry Pasternak, the photographer, is a good friend of mine. Have you ever been to the after hours club, Le Clan ? Any chance you know a David Kulich ? He's built the Marina Labe and hotel Pistany outside of Prague. I can't wait to get back there !! Corky

Back