Prussian M95 OR's Shell

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
For sale, Prussian M95 OR helmet shell. Liner split and has red rot. Shell size approx. 56 cm. No other problems. $95 US plus postage.
76E5359C-06F4-426C-AD37-A6AD4BB6CB5A_1_201_a.jpeg
1E6EAAE5-7C28-486F-9C5B-FAB090C91B84_1_201_a.jpeg
D45B5A18-A8C2-441B-942E-8FF2C5DEEA0D_1_201_a.jpeg
2CABC5D0-9451-4316-BED0-313EB9F93507_1_201_a.jpeg

I am becoming interested, I have done some researching for parts with German dealers and found a lot of what I think it need for a Prussian M95, but I have a lot of questions. I have read all the posts on pickelhaube potions and I have some of my own for gunstocks, so yes I am probably dangerous, but armed with an exploded diagram and set of metric tools what could possibly go wrong? These best way is to learn

Can I PM you with a farily long long list please, if not not worries we all have lives

Certainly, please do. I do have others that may be better suited. In addition, all is not metric in the haube world. 😊

Certainly, please do. I do have others that may be better suited. In addition, all is not metric in the haube world. 😊
What else do you have please?

Regarding threads surely all German and contininental would be metric, British either BSF or Whitworth. American would be AF?

Regarding threads I believe it was Sandy or perhaps another European member who said that metric was not universal at the turn of the century. I also recently bought nuts for a Baden pioneer and was told that the wappen posts were Imperial 8/32” . Those modern nuts threaded on just fine. In my experience, one size does not fit all with Pickelhauben. The threads on spike tops are not the same nor on any other threaded haube fitting. Original nuts will often not thread onto original posts. Regarding the thread types you listed, I was a simple History teacher, I have no knowledge of such things. 😊 I will pm you about helmets.

Regarding threads I believe it was Sandy or perhaps another European member who said that metric was not universal at the turn of the century. I also recently bought nuts for a Baden pioneer and was told that the wappen posts were Imperial 8/32” . Those modern nuts threaded on just fine. In my experience, one size does not fit all with Pickelhauben. The threads on spike tops are not the same nor on any other threaded haube fitting. Original nuts will often not thread onto original posts. Regarding the thread types you listed, I was a simple History teacher, I have no knowledge of such things. 😊 I will pm you about helmets.
In my experience there is no such thing as a simple history teacher, mine for example had been a commando in Popskis Private Army in Yugoslavia in WW2; he also ran the schools Army Cadet force. I also have him to thank for my love of shooting. My late mother was also a history teacher so there is no such thing as a simple history teacher :)

I have been unmasked! 😊 As you know that was said in jest. Historians according to one N Khrushchev are dangerous people and need to be controlled. Few people realize that most decisions made in the present are based on the past. Soviet Historians spent decades rewriting human History so it would fit the world view of Marx and justify communism. Politicians always use their past track records/history to justify election and their decisions. For dictators to survive there always has to be an outside threat...the corrupt West, Nazi Ukrainians etc.
Today the Kremlins’ little dictator presents a web of perverted historical lies to justify his invasion. Sadly he looks to the past, and a restoration of old Soviet power, the days of his youth. He is willing to sacrifice the lives of thousands on both sides in order to turn back the clock. It is sad for me to hear the words Cold War once again as I like many of you, lived through the last one. Are my grand children going to have to learn to hide under their school desks? Are we in the West going to be forced to spend trillions $ more in defence, money that should be allocated to the problems that threaten the planet? All of this caused by one little man, one little disturbed personality who clawed his way to power in Russia and wants to relive the past.

Last edited:
My problem is that having read History for 6 years in university majoring in European and then taught it for 37 years I know too much. All of this crap has happened before. Mussolini did the bare chested ride on the white horse in the 1920’s, another little strong man. I wonder if anyone has written “The Role of the Little Man” in History?

Back