Prussian Officer - any red flags?

morel5000

Hi All,

I found a new candidate for a possible addition. I only have these pictures. Any red flags?

Thanks in advance,
Michel

backho.jpg

frontnfe.jpg

The "red flag" would be that you only have those two pictures. I would need 5 or 6 more pictures before I thought about buying it. Try and get some more pictures.

Thanks for the replies. I know I should get more pictures. The condition doesn't bother me much, I am more into salty helmets.

Best regards,
Michel

Helmet condition is totally a collectors preference, I prefer mine in better condition but everyone collects differently. Just get a couple more pics. If the seller has nothing to hide then he should give you the requested pics that you want.

weirdpyramid said:
Helmet condition is totally a collectors preference, I prefer mine in better condition but everyone collects differently. Just get a couple more pics. If the seller has nothing to hide then he should give you the requested pics that you want.

Absolutely. You can often tell more from the inside of a helmet than the outside. :)

:D Ron

One red flag in my opinion...the chin scales are too small as shown by the end scales being pushed out and not fitting naturally like those close to the kokarden. I do not see any officer putting up with this. To me this indicates a set of original chin scales which are too small and not original to the helmet.

Back