Prussian Pioneer Battalion 11 issue marked enlisted helmet

ww1czechlegion

Offered is a nice Prussian Pioneer Battalion #11 issue marked enlisted M95 helmet.

Light crazing to body as seen in photos.

Nicely issue marked "P 11" on back visor. There are other marks which I cannot make out below (date?), and marks on the opposite side of visor.

No extra holes behind front plate and original leather wedges are intact, as seen in photos.

Liner is in good condition, and supple.

Front visor has a very small split to it, right at the edge and going to underside of visor, as seen in photos.

All stitching is Original and Tight.

1-Split brad was apparently repaired with "glue" at the attachment area of the split brad pins, and the neusilber round dome detached from the split brads. Should be an easy fix for someone who will clean off the old glue and is competent re-soldering the split pins into the round dome cap.

No chinstrap or kokardes with this one unfortunately.

Priced at $800.00 or "best offer" + $15.00 Priority Mail Postage w/Tracking in 48-Continental U.S. States.

PayPal is o.k., and I prefer "friends and family" or add 4% to cover the fees.

Shipment to Canada for $30.00 via 1st Class Us Air Mail.

Shipment to UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands for $50.00 via 1st Class Air Mail. If you want "Priority Air Mail" it will cost $65.00

And yes, I'll ship it to Amy in Singapore, if she wants it. Postage is $65.00

Thanks,

Alan

101_3231.JPG

101_3232.JPG

101_3234.JPG

101_3235.JPG

101_3237.JPG

101_3238.JPG

101_3240.JPG

101_3243.JPG

101_3244.JPG

Last edited:
Alan, you are very cute with shipping the helmet to me. Many thanks for thinking of me. I am trying to find space to accommodate more helmets. I had already run out of room inside my house and had rented a room in the storage hub. Am setting it up at the moment so will only see how much space I have. I end up inheriting all my late husband pickelhaube so that took up space too.
Best regards
Amy Bellars

Any interest at $750.00 with same terms and postage as above?

Thanks,

Alan
I am interested in it, if you are not in a hurry. I just bought a nice kit-helmet from James, so will need to get my bank-account up to date again.
So if you need to sell it quick, you should do so, if you can wait a while, I will buy it from you Alan.

Regards, Coert.

I have replaced the broken neusilber split brad with an original one that is not broken and has not been re-soldered, and it works fine on the helmet.

New price of $700.00 with same terms as above.

Thanks,

Alan

101_5318.JPG

101_5319.JPG

101_5320.JPG

101_5321.JPG

Last edited:
I've just added new photos showing the original WW1 or earlier "neusilber" or nickel-silver domed split brad that I placed in the spike base to replace the broken example that was photographed with the helmet earlier in this thread.

Thanks,

Alan

Back