Prussian Steel Pickelhaube

Peter B

I just ordered this helmet and am really excited to get my first metal ersatz pickelhaube.

I am hoping there is enough leather with those two loose pieces to repair the chin strap. I am pretty sure the kokarden are repo but everything else looks original. Some small dents but in pretty good shape.

Peter

Attachments

• pickelhaube_hg7531aa.jpg
    pickelhaube_hg7531aa.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 39
  • pickelhaube_hg7537aa.jpg
    pickelhaube_hg7537aa.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 37
  • pickelhaube_hg7536aa.jpg
    pickelhaube_hg7536aa.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
  • pickelhaube_hg7535aa.jpg
    pickelhaube_hg7535aa.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 33
  • pickelhaube_hg7534aa.jpg
    pickelhaube_hg7534aa.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 33
  • pickelhaube_hg7533aa.jpg
    pickelhaube_hg7533aa.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 32
  • pickelhaube_hg7532aa.jpg
    pickelhaube_hg7532aa.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 35
I just ordered this helmet and am really excited to get my first metal ersatz pickelhaube.

I am hoping there is enough leather with those two loose pieces to repair the chin strap. I am pretty sure the kokarden are repo but everything else looks original. Some small dents but in pretty good shape.

Peter
AOK had a nice one , but it has already been sold.
Steve

In pretty good shape, usually very dented. Do you think its been repainted ? Its hard to tell from the photo's

In pretty good shape, usually very dented. Do you think its been repainted ? Its hard to tell from the photo's
I don't think so but won't really be able to tell until I receive it. If the liner hasn't been removed then probably no as the paint inside matches the outside.

I don't think it has been repainted. I have examples in that sort of patina.
The liner is original to the helmet. I have few examples in my collection.

You have done well with the price. 👍

Congratulations Peter on this nice find, and buying it for a very reasonable price! (y)

Best Wishes,

Alan
Thanks Alan. Always nice to get a great helmet at a good price.

And I am now confident enough to buy some helmets without looking for advice first. All thanks to the great advice from this forum.

Helmet received and chinstrap repaired. The liner does not appear to have ever been removed, so original paint.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_2978.jpeg
    IMG_2978.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2979.jpeg
    IMG_2979.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2980.jpeg
    IMG_2980.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 7
Back