Prussian Train Battalion Officer

Jeff R

Greetings friends. Doing some tuning and pruning in my collection, and wanted to offer this here first.

Prussian Train Battalion Officer

Beautiful c. 1914 officer’s helmet for one of the sixteen Prussian Train Battalions (1-11, 15-17, or 20-21). As battalions rather than regiments, each of these formations only fielded about 12-20 officers before the war.

Excellent form and finish, tight stitching, and despite a few scuffs it retain most of the original lacquer on the shell. Fine gilt fittings, including the convex chinscales used by mounted troops (the Train Battalions were mounted formations that borrowed many cavalry traditions, including the sabre). Elegant Prussian line eagle with voided crown. All original internal hardware, no extra holes behind the plate. Incorporates a formidable internal plume support for the parade busch worn by these battalions. Removable spike to accommodate the parade busch. The ribbed silk liner shows wear but is present – it appears to have been reattached to the leather sweatband with glue at some point. An otherwise untouched, high-quality example with its owner’s name inked in the band (all I can make out is “Lt. Muller,” but there are other marks as well.)

$1500 + shipping

PayPal F&F preferred

TB 1.jpgTB 2.jpgTB 3.jpgTB 4.jpgTB 5.jpgTB 6.jpgTB 7.jpg

For 1500 bucks plus shipping it could make a nice addition to a collection near you (y)

Good luck with your sale, it's in wonderful condition and much nicer than mine :cry:

Last edited:
Back