Question on Value of a Lance

keoki7

What is the value estimate of an Imperial issue lance with the original shoulder sling? The only marking on it is the weapon number on the spike point.

Are you sure it's Imperial German? I have never seen an issued Imperial German weapon of any kind without at least inspector's stamps. I have seen exactly one genuine Imperial German lance, it was marked with the maker's name, proofed and dated, just like every other Imperial German issue edged weapon. It was priced at $1200 or so a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly, it may have had unit markings as well. I almost pulled the trigger on it just because I had never seen one. I've seen lots of German made South American contract pieces though. In the end, I couldn't overcome my distaste for horses, so I passed on it.
Steve

It's a real one. I have had two and seen a few more. The only lances I've ever seen with makers marks were Argentine exports all Weyersberg marked.
James send me an email and I'll forward photos. [email protected]

George- I know of one dealer that has the tip and grip and butt parts for sale, Price is $350 missing the lance. if that helps?

Sent you a PM

james

I own an issue lance and it is well marked. There are no maker marks, but there is the normal Prussian crown "W" with two digit date below, as on a bayonet. It is also unit marked to an Ulan regiment and has inspector stamps in multiple places. I have a private purchase Lanzriemen on it and an issue Prussian NCO lance pennant. The Lanzriemen are particularly hard to get. The only issue one I have ever seen came up for auction on German Ebay last month.

Chip

Back