R von der Heiden tin kit helmet.

Very nice piece, congratulations! The spike seems to be different.....a brass finish on it rather than solid brass?? Perhaps this was made mid war? The one I own has solid brass fittings. Last, the fact that the liner is two pieces stitched together would also suggest wartime production.

Very nice piece, congratulations! The spike seems to be different.....a brass finish on it rather than solid brass?? Perhaps this was made mid war? The one I own has solid brass fittings. Last, the fact that the liner is two pieces stitched together would also suggest wartime production.
I also thought of that, but the spike is not magnetic. I think it is just accumulated dirt, or maybe something else.
I held one of my kitchen magnets to it, the first time it arrived at my house. (you know, the type you use to attach memento's of what you need to buy next day on your refridgerator, very useful for a guy like me. ;) )
But I am sure this was made mid war, as this is one of the various ersatz helmets. I won't be cleaning some off it of though, I like my helmets the way they arrive here. Simple dusting off will suffice for me.

Lovely helmet Coert, great addition to your collection, glad to see you got one of these "indestructibles" !

I have found 3 Prussian examples. Unfortunately I did not end up keeping any of them. Amy bought the last one I had found. They were all in nice, collectible condition.

Best Wishes,

Alan

I have one of these as mentioned, with the felt skull cap which goes up into the interior of the shell. I also own a feldgrau example in the bowler hat style which we have seen here on the forum. Years ago I also owned a Gbr. Bing Bavarian. They are rare pieces but very cool to have in a collection.

Thanks guy's! :)
Brian, I used to own one in the bowler hat style, but it wasn't olive green but black, with a prussian wappen in the M95 style, all fittings were in brass. But had to sell it, like my whole collection earlier. Sometimes life isn't easy going like most members know.
Anyway, now things are going quite well now!

Regards, Coert. 👍

Back