refusal to post to USA

Will many members-- Especially Europeans-- discuss why so many German ebayers refuse to sell to USA.. This occurred long before President Trump..

Are we such astute buyers ??? or do we threaten more than others when sent phony junk ??????.. I have made purchases from 3 continents with no problems -so ..far ------ Randolpho ( goood packing is needed for all mail nowadays) -----let 'er rip

Hehe...I think it is not a refusal to americans in fact of a punishment for DT [-X
Maybe a missing trade agreement and customs are the problem. I know it only from buying stuff from the USA, but maybe there are similar problems when selling packages to the USA. It is always a gambling if a package will be delivered or not. The tracking of the Package is marked as Delivered when it is handed over to the customs. I got several buys like this and there was no possibility to get further informations about the tracking because the delivery was finished. If you are a lucky guy the package will be delivered a few weeks later after paying taxes, but 1 of my packages was lost.
Selling is surely not the same but maybe the peoples fear similar situations.

PS: I would sell worldwide but unfortunately I have nothing to sell :-({|= :D

It goes the other way around as well; I see many USA sellers not willing to send out side the USA...
But in general if you ask them personally, it works.
If not, I have it send to a friendly co - forumer, who is willing to do the job.

And it can get even funnier; you would be amazed how many French, don't want to send out side of France!! Even to neighboring countries, ... in the EU!! ....

And it can get even funnier; you would be amazed how many French, don't want to send out side of France!! Even to neighboring countries, ... in the EU!! ....
That‘s true. I’ve had the same with many UK-Sellers.

My experiences with American sellers is the same....once you remind them that Canada is fairly close, they will accept a bid. Postage costs to send to Europe are extreme. 99% of my restorations come from the USA although I am working on a Prussian M95 at the moment from Australia. I have purchased from EU dealers with no problems.

Thanks gentlemen -I guess you are correct - it goes( or doesn't)-- both ways . My other purchases are not militaria and are generally from the UK.with no problems (so far) with Royal mail - tracked and signed for= Registered.
I just get frustrated with so many Germans stating- not to the USA . Prost Randolpho

Thanks Bruno......that was the intent. :) A subtle reminder of how close we are in many ways.

I have a friend in Germany who can receive special packages for me. :) I've never had a problem with an EU seller who doesn't mind doing international post.

:D Ron

Back