Regimental marked rifles , what like pokers have you ?

gew98

Anyone have a bayonet to match up with one of my regimental marked rifles ?. Trade or buy..help !.

1) Gew98 marked 120.R.5.91.
2) Gew98 marked 14.P3.44.
3) Gew98 marked 57.R.1.73. ( Reserve Italic R )
4) Gew98 marked 4.R.J.3.K.
5) Gew98 marked 72.R.7.202.
6) Gew98 marked B.13.R.
7) Gew98 marked 68.R.12.77.
8) Gew98 122 reserve ( for buddy )
Gew 88's
1) 45.R.10.151.
2) 145.R.E.2.223.
3) L.OP.1.22. ( Landwehr script L from Oppeln)
4) 159.R.1.59.
5) 2.G.G.R.R.4.135. ( first R is reserve script R )
6) 18.P.5.41.
7) B.14.R.E.3.200.

Obviously I can't expect matched down to the company...same regiment
is at least what I seek.

Hi Gew98

Sorry but no help with a matching unit bayonet (I like those as well) but congratulations on a nice collection of unit marked weapons, Gewehr 98's unit marked & matching are difficult to find . IMO that always ads such a plus for research. Most of my other gewehr's are unit marked too, but am still looking for a prewar, unit marked 98. I have one on the line with a 1909 dated receiver issued to a Bavarian regiment and hope to finish the deal in May.

All the best..

Larmo

I have a 1900 Danzig matched down to the rod - the one marked to the 120th.
I've got a 1913 Amberg marked to the 68th Regt , but it's a bolt mismatch. Most of the pre 1914 regimental marked gew98's I've encountered are reworked/salvaged to outright "faked up". But they are out there. I only got rid of one unit marked prewar gew98 - a 1908 DWM bolt mismatch that was near unissued condition. It was marked to the 36th Reserve - a 1914 created regiment. Anyhow a buddy wanted a real nice condition DWM so I traded it to him for a matching 17 Danzig in real good condition.

gew98 said:
Anyone have a bayonet to match up with one of my regimental marked rifles ?. Trade or buy..help !.

3) L.OP.1.22. ( Landwehr script L from Oppeln)

Landsturm, and a nicer example would be hard to find! This is the one on the siderail? A Nosecap on an 1891 Loewe "S" turned up recently. None matching to the action/barrel jacket. Never the less, an outstanding example of a Landsturm regimental stamp: L. OP. 4. 147.

George , my bad it's landstrum... and it's marked on the front band. I have pictures of it on the gewehr collectors group on the yahoo thingy if you still visit it. I have encountered a handfull of gew88's with unit marks applied to their receivers but none in any fashion matching.

Bill

Still interested in posting a Thread on Commission Rifle regarding this 88, if you are interested. That was the one from SOS, no?

Could you send me a link to the yahoo site please?

Happy Easter,

George

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GewehrCollectorsgroup/

There you go .
I'll have to make some time this week and do some pics of it for you and send them your way.

Back