Regimental marking puzzle, any thoughts ??

2nd.Leibhusar

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me out.
I've got a M1917 "Krätzchen" for EM, a so called "Kammerstück" which is regimental marked and with "Bekleidungsamt"marking.
It says; BA.XIX.18 57,5 8.IR.11
Translated this would be ; Bekleidungsamt 19th Army, size 57,5 , 8th Infantry Regiment. 11th company.

Here's the puzzle.....the 19th Army was Saxon and the 8th IR is Prussian ( Leib-Grenadier )...
So I was wondering ; is this cap re-issued and therefor double marked?
Or could it be the 8th Saxon IR , which is also know as IR107 ( 8.Königlich Sächsisches Infanterie-Regiment Prinz Johann Georg Nr.1017 ), or MGA 8 ( Königlich Säschische Machinengewehr-Abteilung Nr.8 ) , both of which were part of the 19th Army..

Any thoughts ??
Sander

Attachments

• P1610509.JPG
    P1610509.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Bruno, that make sense.
I didn't know Saxony dated after the BA stamp ...
Good to know !!, thank you, learned something today :) (y)

But I guess, because its a 1917 model ( without colored piping) that it can't be dated 1911, so it must be 11th Comp., don't you think?

I've got a M1917 "Krätzchen" for EM, a so called "Kammerstück" which is regimental marked and with "Bekleidungsamt"marking.
Translated this would be ; Bekleidungsamt 19th Army, size 57,5 , 8th Infantry Regiment. 11th company.

Here's the puzzle.....the 19th Army was Saxon and the 8th IR is Prussian ( Leib-Grenadier )...
Or could it be the 8th Saxon IR , which is also know as IR107 ( 8.Königlich Sächsisches Infanterie-Regiment Prinz Johann Georg Nr.1017 ), or MGA 8 ( Königlich Säschische Machinengewehr-Abteilung Nr.8 ) , both of which were part of the 19th Army..

Any thoughts ??
Sander

2nd.Leibhusar said:

Any thoughts ??
Sander
Hallo Sander,
With no certainty, I would suggest this was indeed an exclusively Saxon item (as a side remark, writing the year after the BA number (BA XIX. 18) is mostly - and possibly only - seen on Saxony markings, but the whole 19th was Saxon anyway).
It seems to me extremely unlikely that a Leib Grenadier regiment would be abbreviated as "IR"! I have never seen this before. And hence, I would support your hypothesis that this hat belonged to the 8th infanterie regiment from Saxony, or IR107.
However, they in Saxony also commonly added the year after the regiment number; therefore, 8.IR.11 might rather stand for: 8th infanterie regiment 1911. This should be my final choice...

Back