Request for an opinion on a Bavarian helmet

I think it horrible, and you should sell it to me. ;)

Actually, I really like it and still think you should sell it to me ;);)

One quick question, If I may which set of holes does the current Wappen occupy?

Reactions: USN
I think it horrible, and you should sell it to me. ;)

Actually, I really like it and still think you should sell it to me ;);)

One quick question, If I may which set of holes does the current Wappen occupy?
Sorry, I forgot to add, it is on these wider, additional holes.IMG20230407172257 (1).jpg

Looking at this picture I see the ground off old screw posts but I'm not seeing anything that was added.

Are there another set of loops that were added later? I can't see any way that this Wappen would attach, I'm I missing something?
Wappen has the original threaded posts.

An M95 helmet for the Bavarian infantry (nickel silver fittings for Leib-Inf-Rgt or KBPB).The side posts have been removed, and a chinstrap and M71 rosettes for officers have been fitted. Normally there should be the small M96 Bavarian "troop" plate whose bridges correspond to the eyelets. This was lost and replaced by an M1886 officer's plate (openwork crowns, branches above the headband). The 2 additional holes are not correct.

An M95 helmet for the Bavarian infantry (nickel silver fittings for Leib-Inf-Rgt or KBPB).The side posts have been removed, and a chinstrap and M71 rosettes for officers have been fitted. Normally there should be the small M96 Bavarian "troop" plate whose bridges correspond to the eyelets. This was lost and replaced by an M1886 officer's plate (openwork crowns, branches above the headband). The 2 additional holes are not correct.
There is no doubts.

In my opinion, the grommeted holes, factory installed always indicate what the original wappen was. Consequently, I agree with Zeb and Clovis.

Could some of these changes be explained if they owner was transferred and maybe promoted to strengthen the Officer corps of the Reserves.

I remember reading that when war broke out several reserve units were brought up to strength by taking from active units.

Just a thought.

Back