Request for Help

I have been offered an officer's helmet from Lippe-Detmold with a label inside with the following information:
Leutnant
Böhme
Ordönanz seiner ?
zu Lippe -Detmold

I have been unable to find any Rangliste reference to a Leutnant Böhmer in a Lippe regiment or as an Orderly to the Fürst.
Can any one help me?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Jim

Hi Joe,
My German Military dictionary translates Ordönanz as Orderly.
I'm not good at posting photos, I'll send a photo to your email address if you could please post it.
Thanks
Jim

Ordönanz as Orderly

Could be a messenger. I have a lot of info that came originally from Bill Thiemann. he has done the most work on these I think. I will try to email you what I have. There were a lot of yellow lights on all of these.

Hi Jim,

I have been unable to find any Rangliste reference to a Leutnant Böhmer in a Lippe regiment or as an Orderly to the Fürst.

And neither have I. No likely candidate of that name had any Lippe-Detmold decoration nor is an officer of that name listed in Major Fiebig's article in the Zeitschrift für Heereskunde titled "Die Flügeladjutanten der Fürsten zur Lippe". This article listed both the actual Flügeladjutanten and those officers seconded to the Fürst in the capacity of an Ordonnanzoffizier (orderly officer).

Regards
Glenn

I think that this is a similar conclusion that Bill came up with. He actually went to the museum with pictures and I believe they all came back as police helmets.

Back