Reservistenkrug

stuka f

It is dammaged, but i like it never the less!
Notice the (distorted!!)lance with pennant the horseman is holding!!

Sorry!
Seems I didn't put a front view!
It is named to einjährige freiwilliger (not sure of the name, but to me it reads Fiuhn!) of the Chevaulegers-Regiment ,,Kaiser Nikolaus von Rußland” Nürnberg. Dated 98-99.
cheers
|<ris

If I'm not mistaken, that punched hole in its bottom was made on purpose after the owner passed on... so that no one would use it after. A kind of a ritual...

Didn't know that!
I have been breaking my head over how such a dammage could occure!!
cheers
|<ris

I found similar dammaged tankards,not much (3 or 4) so there must be something to it!
I can easely imagine many have been smashed up by thise ritual, because to me it seems one as to be skilled to do such a job!
I think many performars of that ritual ended up holding just the handel of the tankard!!
Thanks for pointing thise out!!
cheers
|<ris

stuka f said:
I found similar dammaged tankards,not much (3 or 4) so there must be something to it!
I can easely imagine many have been smashed up by thise ritual, because to me it seems one as to be skilled to do such a job!
I think many performars of that ritual ended up holding just the handel of the tankard!!
cheers
|<ris

Exactly what I thought! I'd certainly be one left holding the handle!
Patrick

stuka f said:
cheers
|<ris

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell ANYBODY! "Damaged??? Well, half the value then..." Thanks for posting the photo of the lithopane!

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
stuka f said:
cheers
|<ris

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell ANYBODY! "Damaged??? Well, half the value then..." Thanks for posting the photo of the lithopane!

:D Ron
That is how I got mine!
But now having thise story told, I think a "ritual crippled" tankard should be upgraded !!! As it isn't just a dammaged piece of china!!!
:-" :guns: :p

Back