Restoring an American Pickelhaube

krb450

I am awaiting this American Pickelhaube in the mail. It will obviously be quite a project but well worth the work no matter how long it takes.

I wanted to ask if anyone has leads on parts for it. Maybe it is a long shot, but I figured this is the right place to ask!

28int4o.jpg

2h81kcn.jpg

2iivl3s.jpg

The helmet, when completed, should look like the one on the right (except with silver fittings). I have sourced a spike base that should work, missing the screw-off spike. A start!

30ayrex.jpg

That will be quitte a challence to resore it but the patience will be wurth it i guess

Good luck on finding those missing pieces

Keep us informed in the road of sucses

Jonas

Make it a labor of love! But having restored a few helmets and some other items I can say it is always worth the effort.

You are off to a great start .

Some of the parts you just may have to resort to repo . Like the front visor trim.

It may be easier finding the plate and spike . But still a challange .

Wow. It took me almost a year just to find an original Bavarian Kokarde at a realistic price. I can't imagine what you are going to have to do to find parts for this.

Good Luck!

John :eek:

Good luck on this project Kr. You certainly have your work cut out for you on this helmet. :thumb up:

I do have an original US cruciform spike base and the correct visor trim. PM me if you're interested...

The helmet, when cleaning off crud on the red of the rear visor, is named. I need to attempt to take photos at different angles to make it out.

Arran said:
I do have an original US cruciform spike base and the correct visor trim. PM me if you're interested...
Arran,

I've sent you PMs about the parts. I'd definitely like to acquire them for this Pickelhaube!

Back