Reuss/Thuringian badge or nonsense?

seagull

Can't remember where or when I acquired this curious little "badge" but perhaps someone can tell me - is it a genuine equipment item or just a fake piece of junk from a galaxy far, far away? Non-magnetic, seems to be brass but with what I think may be traces of gilding, particularly at the apex of the Crown. Definitely not an electrotype, very thin and light, almost certainly a stamping, with no obvious sign of any solder or fixing on the reverse.
Every Wappen badge like this I have ever seen has been silver(ed) so I have never believed it to be a Wappen badge.
Ht: 65mm, Width: 45mm, 'domed' Ht: 12mm.
Any thoughts gratefully recieved, as always.
Steve.

DSCF9221.JPGDSCF9220.JPG

Last edited:
Something going wrong with pictures, they are resized properly and I have edited them into the post twice, placeing them 'inline' each time as normal, nothing happens.
Anyone else having problems like this?
Steve

Yes, Posting and viewing photos hosted by Pickelhaubes has been broken for over a week.

seagull said:
Something going wrong with pictures, they are resized properly and I have edited them into the post twice, placeing them 'inline' each time as normal, nothing happens.
Anyone else having problems like this?
Steve

Yes, I think we are all having this problem.
Try posting the photo to imgur.com, and then posting it in our forum.
It doesn't cost anything and it has worked for me, so far.
It is where I went after the photobucket SNAFU.

John :)

Went back and edited the pictures back in - fantastic system, the Forum is looking a million dollars!
Cheers all,
Steve

That is a no-go on your shield Steve. These Wappen shields are highly detailed, yours I’m afraid is just a blob. As you noted, an original would be Neusilber.

Thanks Tony, I expected that would be so - it will be even more of a blob after I take a hammer to it, it certainly won't be passed on to confuse someone else!

Thanks Tony, I expected that would be so - it will be even more of a blob after I take a hammer to it, it certainly won't be passed on to confuse someone else!
Hi Steve,
Here is the real thing on an enlisted helmet.

Attachments

• L1040315.JPG
    L1040315.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 12
Back